BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. Your support makes a difference...BoneSmartie Member

Industry changes have drastically reduced orthopedic partner contributions, which for 13+ years supported the operation and development of BoneSmart.org.

Our patient-focused articles and world-class joint replacement community forum have helped millions of people. Your gift today provides the important funds necessary to keep this valuable resource online.

Donate Now
    Dismiss Notice

2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Jun 7, 2017.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

Hello to all our August Hot Shots!!! This is the place to join your fellow surgery-mates and chill out as you count down the days until your new joint arrives.

We welcome you to join the group and get to know your fellow BoneSmarties who will be getting new joints this month. We've found that it helps to have a group of folks who are going through surgery do it as a team....helping and supporting each other.

So let's get this party started!!!

Tags:
  2. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

07 August 2017 GottaDoIt, Rxtech
    08 August 2017 Chattalyn (bilateral), sandi4213 (her second)
    10 August 2017 OJ2
    14 August 2017 JMackay
    15 August 2017 froggymom, susanella
    16 August 2017 bashbago (her second)

3. GottaDoIt

GottaDoIt New Member

@bottomshollow Hi there. Yes, I am scheduled for Left Knee Total Replacement on August 7, 2017. Also had arthroscopic surgery on same knee in June 1995 thinking I needed to repair a torn meniscus but it ended up just lots of loose fragments of cartilage floating around, e.g., arthritis, and the meniscus not looking too bad. Sucked the fragments out, cleaned up inside a little and was told I'll see you in 10 years. Thought I've done well since it's been 22 years.
    And, I have a Pre-Op post started when I asked a question earlier. Should I continue with this one or start a new thread?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  4. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

fan 2.jpg @GottaDoIt, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. Just continue to use the thread you've started in the pre op section, then move over to the recovery section after your surgery.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

5. OJ2

OJ2 New Member

My surgery is set for August 10. I have learned a lot on this web site. Fortunately, I have known I needed this surgery for 2 years now, and I have been working very hard at strengthening all my muscles in preparation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

aug 3.jpg @OJ2, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

7. froggymom

froggymom Senior

I just got my surgery date august 15 I will get the time a week before. Its a relief to no what im going to. Im a august hotshot yes.:yay::angel:

• Like Like x 1
  8. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

chilling 1.jpg @froggymom, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

9. Chattalyn

Chattalyn New Member

My surgery for Bilateral TKR is August 8. I've learned a lot from others posts.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

aug 21.jpg @Chattalyn, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

11. bashbago

bashbago Junior Member

Left TKR scheduled for August 16. My right knee was replaced almost 10 years ago. I discovered this forum at that time.

12. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

heat wave.jpg @bashbago, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

13. susanella

susanella New Member

I'm scheduled for left TKR on August 15th. I've been told I have bone on bone but had no pain or symptoms before I tripped over a parking lot bumper about a year and a half ago. I'm terrified because my left leg was always my good one. My right leg has outer numbness and neuropathy from a 1996 herniated disc injury that required a hemi-laminectomy. It seems to be strong but I just hope it's strong enough to support me after the left TKR surgery.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

aug 31.jpg @susanella, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

You'll be amazed at how strong that new left knee will be---so never fear. We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

15. JMackay

JMackay Junior Member

I am scheduled for left TKR on August 14, 2017

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

fan 1.jpg @JMackay, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

17. Rxtech

Rxtech New Member

I am scheduled for left total knee replacement on August 7th!! Let's do this!! Had arthroscopic menisectomy February 2016, now bone on bone, bowing and major constant pain.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

aug 30.jpg @Rxtech, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

19. sandi4213

sandi4213 Senior

I am scheduled for my 2nd tkr (right) on August 8. I hope to get to know some of you Hot Shots so we can support each other. :loveshwr:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

aug 38.jpg @sandi4213, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so or use your current thread (we can change the title if you like.)

• Friendly Friendly x 1