2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Rest does help, but you will too soon be back to work and pain. You have to ask yourself how much is the pain effecting my life and what I want to do. You also have to consider how long the surgery takes to heal. It will seem to hurt more than the pain from standing, but consider that this pain has an ending. The other will continue to increase and may have other side effects. It is always your decision and you will know when you have reached your limit.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.


Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 August 2017 jeffy54
07 August 2017 GottaDoIt, Rxtech, SlowPedro, dogluvr (bilalteral)
08 August 2017 Chattalyn (bilateral), sandi4213 (her second), dwhitney, LiveToRide, Artisue
10 August 2017 OJ2
12 August 2017 Deb7245
14 August 2017 JMackay
15 August 201 susanella
16 August 2017 bashbago (her second), Sassy5
21 August 2017 KneeKeeper (partial)
22 August 2017 froggymom (RTKR revision)
25 August 2017 Irelandliz
31 August 2017 jeffm1955
 
I was looking at My Chart at my CT results,they scaned my left hip,knee,and ankle for my Conformis implant.I noticed that they found "fairly advanced arthritis" in my left hip. I have no pain or symptoms,so I'm not real concerned.I see my surgeon in a week,I'll see what he says.
 
August 21 is my right PKR (PFA). Second surgery for me due to dislocations. Previous release and reefing arthroscopy with a horrific recovery. Crossing my fingers for a speedy recovery this time around.

Any links as to what I should expect recovery wise? (blogs or journals, etc)

Admin, can you fix my screen name-it was supposed to be kneekeeper?
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@KneeKeeper, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

As you can see, I have changed your user name as you requested. We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Having TKR right knee Aug 1 and some reason nervous....no stranger to knee surgery or Ortho surgury...I am a disabled vet and been fighting the VA for years ...thank God the wait is over
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@jeffy54, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi! I'm 46 years old and am scheduled to have a TKR of my right knee on August 16th. To be honest, I am a nervous wreck! I'm hoping to find some support here, and also give my support. Thank you!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Sassy5, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi all - I am thrilled to find out some info about TKR as I am scheduled for one on August 25th. I had an arthroscopy on April 24th but now my knee appears to be worse than ever. My fault though because I Had a European trip already planned and the 3 weeks recovery time from the April Arthroscopy just wasn't enough and then I walked too much while I was away.
I am in a lot of pain and I can hear my knee crunch with every step... yuck!!!
So I meet with my orthopedic surgeon on Friday to find out all about the surgery but any information I can find out before would ease my mind. I don't know what to expect afterwards.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Irelandliz, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I was scheduled in July but it was cancelled so I'm now an August Hot Shot :cool:. I have a right PKR (or maybe TKR depending on how it looks) scheduled for 12th August - fingers crossed it goes ahead this time.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Deb7245, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Sorry about the delay in your surgery. Let's hope second time's a charm and all will go off as scheduled.


We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@LiveToRide, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Artisue, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Texaslady, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Back
Top Bottom