Guest viewing is limited

2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to be organised for total knee replacement on 19th.Jan. Starting to worry now.
 
Good luck! I am not worried about surgery on Thursdsy at all. I am concerned about doing the therapy and exercises afterward when my other knee is also bad and I'm so out of shape from not moving much the last few years.
I am lucky that my husband and I are now retired and I can have my husband help with my needs after surgery.
I hope you have good help at home so you won't push yourself too much before your body is ready. I read on this site the suggestions of things you should have as you recover and am trying to get them ready. Check the lists if you haven'y yet. Again good luck!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!

[Bonesmart.org] 2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 January 16 Alice M
04 January 16 GSC (her second), Neednewknee
05 January 16 janmont, DeuceDiamond
06 January 16 Thomas Howel
07 January 16 Grandma new knee
11 January 16 Dragoness, MerciQ (bilateral)
12 January 16 fiona4269, retlibrarylady, Cakemaker5
13 January 16 Tammy7692 (her first), Rattles (possible TKR)
14 January 16 pianomanday, snowdrop
15 January 16 Mofarmer (bilateral partials)
18 January 16 Joanne58, JLP
19 January 16 kaw205, MissKlein
20 January 16 linney619, Freedom
21 January 16 bingwah
22 January 16 DeDeNJ, kimsc
25 January 16 NLK
26 January 16 oldyogi50, chicklady
28 January 16 atruelove64, GrammyK
 
Ok rattles is down surgery is booked for jan 13 th removal of plate and screws from last operation followed by an arthroscopy to determine extent of damage then at the least knee hemiarthroplasty hopefully it turns into TKR


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Have my date for complex right total knee replacement revision on 18 Jan 2016. This is my first surgery but I have AVN so I have to have revision surgery instead of a regular knee replacement. My OS required pre surgery approval by a GP prior to scheduling the surgery date and that was approved today. Spouse and I are full time RVers just down south for the winter months as we travel all over the U.S. This has been stressful since we had to find a GP to do the screening. Recouperating in an RV should be interesting but I certainly will not have far to walk for anything. We also have a big dually pick up as our only means of transportation. That should also be interesting.
 
Hello! So happy to have found this site. I'm having a BTKR on January 12th, 2016. Countdown has begun! I feel like I am "nesting". I find myself organizing, decluttering and cleaning all rooms in our house- even the basement!! Like anyone will be downstairs?! Ha. I'm glued to all the threads!

BTKR
1/12/16


BTKR 1/12/16
 
Hello. I'm having surgery on Jan. 28. This will be for my left knee. I had the right one replaced three years ago.
 
Total knee replacement January 25th, 1 week from today! I'm nervous but looking forward to getting my mobility back.
 
So, I'm wide awake - in pain, early on the morning of the 19th. The day that I should have been going in for my replacement. But I was phoned 3 days ago to inform e that my consultant's list was cancelled for today. No reason, just cancelled. I've already waited an extra month because of delays, and I just feel so helpless. I was ready, both mentally & physically but now I'm in limbo. I don't quite know what to do. My mobility is getting worse as is the pain. I'm on the maximum pain relief I can take, I'm not thinking clearly & I'm still trying to work as best I can whilst also caring for my Husband & my Mother. All my plans are in disarray - again! Absolutely fed up.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@LowFlo, so sorry to hear about your cancellation. I can only imagine how frustrated you are. Hoping you will be rescheduled very soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom