Guest viewing is limited

2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@Freedom, you have been officially added to the January surgery list!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting


02 January 16 Alice M
04 January 16 GSC (her second), Neednewknee
05 January 16 janmont, DeuceDiamond
06 January 16 Thomas Howel
07 January 16 Grandma new knee
11 January 16 Dragoness, MerciQ (bilateral)
12 January 16 fiona4269, retlibrarylady
13 January 16 Tammy7692 (her first)
14 January 16 pianomanday, snowdrop
15 January 16 Mofarmer (bilateral partials)
18 January 16 Joanne58
19 January 16 kaw205
20 January 16 linney619, Freedom
21 January 16 bingwah
22 January 16 DeDeNJ, kimsc
25 January 16 NLK
26 January 16 oldyogi50
28 January 16 atruelove64
 
Hello,
Found out today that I will be having my total knee replacement op on 11th January 2016.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi everyone. So glad I found this site. Still trying to find my way around. I have been putting off total knee for a couple of years. Today, finally scheduled surgery for January 26, 2016. Super nervous and disappointed my body is letting me down. Hoping this forum will help me through. I will take any and all advise. My goal, return to my yoga practice as soon as possible.
 
Hello and Merry Christmas,

I'll be having my right knee replaced on Jan 6th. First time going thru any major surgery. Should be interesting. Looking forward to reading posts as go through various stages of recovery. All the best in the new year to those going through the same journey.

Tom


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm so happy I found this forum, I've had a lot of my questions answered!
 
So glad I found this site! What a great resource.
My right knee total replacement is scheduled for Jan.7. I had my first meeting with the surgeon who verified I was a candidate for replacement 3 weeks ago. Since I'm recently retired I was able to schedule my surgery right away but was surprised there was an opening so soon. I have small grandchildren and have missed out on a lot because of my knee pain. (I hope to have the left knee done in the spring.) Hospitalization seems common as I've read posts at this site. I am going home to my in-laws the same day as surgery.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
First knee replacement January 13.
I am worried about it .


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You are so lucky to have found this sight. It took me a while to find it and I'm so glad I did. I really appreciate reading the variety of stories on anything that can possibly come up. The managers seem so astute and kind. Knee replacement really is a journey and it helps to know that here are others on the journey too. Good luck with your surgery.


Alice M, R TKR 11-02-15
 
Hi Tammy, I too am having my 1st knee replacement, mine will be on 11th January.
I am an operating theatre nurse, and spent some time working in orthopaedic theatres, so in that respect I am aware of what will happen during the anaesthetic and the actual surgery time.
I have found useful information on this site regarding recovery and other issues arising from surgery and I'm sure you will too.
With regard to being nervous, I too am a little apprehensive, but I think that is normal for everyone to some degree. Something I tell my patients, if they are showing signs of nerves whilst en route to the operating room is as follows.
When you are being nursed on the ward there are a number of patients being cared for by a relatively small number of nurses and care assistants. When you come to theatres you are the focus of attention for a group of professional people, including nurses, surgeons, anaesthetists, operating department practitioners and care workers. As you can see everyone is concentrating on you and this means you are probably in the safest place in the hospital.
I know I am in the UK, but I'm sure the same holds for you in the US.
Here's wishing you well for your surgery and recovery.
 
Hi!!! I came upon this site while searching for patient experiences. My knee replacement is scheduled for January 18th. Yes, I'm terrified and this blog looks like the perfect place to find support. I'm having my surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery. Is there anyone out there who will be using this hospital???
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom