2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!

[Bonesmart.org] 2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 August 16 Reanna27
02 August 16 April Hill (her first)
03 August 16 JustmeT (patellar resurfacing)
05 August 16 Aunty T
08 August 16 Doggiemom
11 August 16 thecoll (her first)
17 August 16 dianehelen, Sipzener
24 August 16 karena71
25 August 16 pizzadog
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@JustmeT, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here again. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I’ve been lurking on this website since August of last year, and after seeing a surgeon today finally signed up to join everyone. I’m having total knee replacement on August 25th on my left knee. I’ve had juvenile rheumatoid arthritis since I was seventeen, and over the last few years have seen my knee deteriorate in health so that it’s now bone on bone. I’m both excited and terrified for August.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@pizzadog, , you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Date of surgery is 8/2... Hospital of Central Connecticut, New Britain....total knee replacement with knee cap followed by second total knee date unknown...


Patricia H
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@April Hill, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I was having my right knee replacement on May 25. However, just before that I fell over and broke my nose. They have now put off my surgery until Aug 17. Evidently, the two doctors who do it together don't work very often. It seems a long way away and my knee is very sore!
 
Ugghhhhh skipped Celebrex yesterday and today have a swollen unstable knee[emoji37][emoji37]swelling goes up to mid thigh- I'm still not 100% sure about surgery but days like this make it sound like I need to do this [emoji21]ok sorry for rant- hope everyone's well![emoji106]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
I take 100mg of Celebrex a day, but it has never helped me very much. I can only take a low dose because of my heart and because I am on Coumadin.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Sipzener, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello fellow HotShots! I am scheduled for my LTKR on August 11th and 3 weeks later my RTKR as long as my hemoglobin is above a 12. I am lucky to work with the OS performing my surgery as well as work for the hospital. I have postponed this surgery 3x's now due to projects at work. Not this time, I have my preop date, medical clearance appt, singed my consents and attended my pre-surgery rehab class. For the next 6 weeks I will make sure I do my knee prehab to strengthen my quads. Getting ready for this journey.
 
Welcome @thecoll . Wow 3 weeks later? You are brave :). Hope all goes well for us all.this is just the most amazing group for support, information, and friendship.

And oh another Florida neighbor. I am in Orlando. Are you having you surgery in Lakeland?
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@thecoll, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially An August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. Let me know the exact date of your second surgery, and I will add it to the list.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Add me to the August list. My left knee replacement is Aug. 24. :bawl:
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@karena71, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi, I'm having my left total knee replacement August 1st please add me. I suffer for years both knees are bone on bone I have RA and struggle to and from work where I can't do it no more, I juice and eat so healthy thinking I can heal myself but it's not happening.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Reanna27, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom