2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!



[Bonesmart.org] 2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 April 16 GimpyGal (her second)
06 April 16 conrn (her second)
07 April 16 PmpknPie13
11 April 16 Annie11
12 April 16 silty1, Sparky87
13 April 16 Carolina Writer (bilateral)
14 April 16 beaglador
18 April 16 ericka8550, JacksMom43, janeymac
19 April 16 Jane B. (her second), juliebisme (bilateral)
20 April 16 swmrgirl (her second)
21 April 16 Tabbycat, Geepsmom (bilateral), Grandma new knee (her second)
25 April 16 kweh
26 April 16 Keen Skier (bilateral), tcordon, tjcteacher (bilateral)
27 April 16 Alaris
29 April 16 skiwizz (her second)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@tjcteacher, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I'm having TKR in my right knee on Monday, April 25th.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@kweh
Welcome to the April Rainbows :welome:
Do you still teach kindergarten? I taught nursery for 22 years. We're about the same age too. My surgery is on the 21st, first knee replacement. Getting very nervous now, I'll be glad when it's over and I'm in the recovery phase, getting a little bit better every day, instead of worse. All the best with your surgery on the 25th. We're all in this together!
Love, Tabbycat :kittykiss:
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@janeymac, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@kweh, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Best of luck everyone!!! I had mine done on April 11th & was expecting it to be so much worse. I came home the day after surgery & am now sleeping almost through the night. :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Tabbycat
I moved to middle school this year because of my knees. After you've been in middle school for a year, you will do ANYTHING to get out of school a few weeks early, apparently! I want to be able to move back down to the younger kids next year, so that's why I'm having surgery. I am trying not to think about it too much because last year I chickened out 2 weeks beforehand. I have read several posts saying that people found the whole thing wasn't as bad as they had heard, so I'm going with that!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Annie11 that's what I've heard several times so I'm hoping that's the case!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am 40 and am having RTKR on the 18th. Scared right along with you. [emoji27] [emoji40]

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
I'm 51 and having RTKR tomorrow also. I am so nervous my stomach hurts. Good luck to both of y'all tomorrow.
Ericka8550 and jacksmom43

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Geepsmom
Thinking of you as the day gets nearer. Hope everything goes really well on Thursday, I will look out for you on the other side.
Love, Tabbycat :kittykiss:
 
Had my TKR on 12th April, was quite an experience, hospital was 5 hours from home, my choice due to the surgeon I wanted to use, bad mistake as the journey home was hell, took six hours, although I did it as comfortable as I could in a camper. One week on and happy with my knee, different kind of pain, a bit clicky when I bend it, getting used to it,, feels heavy, muscles are tight, but I'm up about and walking with a cane.
Good luck to everyone , hope your as successful as mine is so far.
 
Hi @Geepsmom
Thinking of you as the day gets nearer. Hope everything goes really well on Thursday, I will look out for you on the other side.
Love, Tabbycat :kittykiss:
Now it's your turn!! Best wishes for a good day tomorrow. Hope you have a ton of "stuff" to keep you busy and help you get through today.
Piece of cake!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Keen Skier
Thanks for your good wishes. I'm just going to make some pecan cookies for the surgeon, anaesthetist and anyone else who comes in my room. I've made lavender hearts for the nurses. I think all my bits and pieces have arrived now (wedge pillow, leg lifter, grabber thing, ice packs etc). Lots of audible books on the iPad as well. I'm good to go. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom