Guest viewing is limited

2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@Sparky87, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi @Keen Skier
Thanks for your good wishes. I'm just going to make some pecan cookies for the surgeon, anaesthetist and anyone else who comes in my room. I've made lavender hearts for the nurses. I think all my bits and pieces have arrived now (wedge pillow, leg lifter, grabber thing, ice packs etc). Lots of audible books on the iPad as well. I'm good to go. :)

The new necessities of life!!
Sounds like you're all ready for the adventure.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Tabbycat! I have been out of town...took a last minute mini vacation to Sedona, AZ with my middle daughter, and just got back at 1:00am this morning! I am hobbling around like crazy today trying to get everything done before surgery tomorrow. Been thinking about you, and want to wish you a super smooth surgery and we'll connect on the other side with new knees :). It's going to go great for us both!!

Hugs, Geepsmom
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!



[Bonesmart.org] 2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 April 16 GimpyGal (her second)
06 April 16 conrn (her second)
07 April 16 PmpknPie13
11 April 16 Annie11
12 April 16 silty1, Sparky87
13 April 16 Carolina Writer (bilateral)
14 April 16 beaglador
18 April 16 ericka8550, JacksMom43, janeymac
19 April 16 Jane B. (her second), juliebisme (bilateral)
20 April 16 swmrgirl (her second)
21 April 16 Tabbycat, Geepsmom (bilateral), Grandma new knee (her second)
25 April 16 kweh
26 April 16 Keen Skier (bilateral), tcordon, tjcteacher (bilateral), cot
27 April 16 Alaris
29 April 16 skiwizz (her second), Mrst
 
Many thanks for adding me in, yes I've started a thread, it's nice to hear from fellow adventurers
 
I'm having a left TKR on 29th April. I'm seeing the last nurse on Monday then off I go!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@Mrst, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hoping all is well with @Alaris today. And only one more April Rainbow to go and we will ALL be recovering!
 
Looking out for @Alaris on the other side!
Best of luck to @skiwizz and to @Mrst for tomorrow, hope all goes well for you both.
Love, Tabbs xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@cot, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi @cot,
Welcome to the forum :wave:
Start a thread in recovery and let us know how you are getting on.
Take care,
Love, Tabbs xxx
 
Thank you... I can't seem to gage when this swelling is suppose to go down.. I've kept Ice on it since arriving home on Weds. (Tues was surgery) There are no different markings, so I can't tell if this is normal...
 
Hi @cot,
Did you start your own recovery thread, that way more people will see your questions and be able to offer advice. Click on 'help and info' at the top, then how to use the forum, and then how to start a new thread. Also if you put the date of your surgery in your signature everyone can see what you had done and whe. If you get stuck I suggest you tag Celle (like this @Celle). She is very helpful. Actually we are at a similar stage, and very early on yet, swelling is a normal healing reaction, you can't rush it. Icing elevating and resting are the best thing, but there's lots more advice in the library.
Love, Tabbs xxx
 
Grandma new knee,
That is good news, happy to hear you have made a good start, let's hope it continues. Isn't it good to have it over with.
Take care,
Love Tabby :kittykiss:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom