Guest viewing is limited

2016 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tabby, I saw that you were also scheduled for TKR on the 21st, so we are knee buddies. How are you doing and is this your first knee surgery? I love your kitty picture! We have 4 cats and one is a dark tabby called Stripes.
Julie (grandma new knee)
RTKR Jan 7, 2016
LTKR April 21, 2016
 
Hi @Grandma new knee
Yes we are surgery buddies, and it's my first knee replacement. I had a rough 5 days in hospital and first few days at home because of the meds all causing sickness. Just on Cocodamol now and the nausea is better but I'm not getting good pain relief and am a bit worried it will slow my ability to get mobile. I try the heel slides but can't move my leg very far and cannot lift it at all yet. How are you getting on, I see you have had both knees done this year, very brave!
The kitty in the picture is my boy Max, I've had him ten years and he is my soul mate. He hasn't left my side and is providing purring therapy.
Please keep in touch, my recovery thread is Tabbycats recovery.
Lots of love,
Tabby :kittykiss:
 
Hi @tjcteacher
I have some exercises to do at home: ankle pumps when lying or sitting, heel slides and straight leg raises. Heel slides are hard because of the pain and swelling, and I can't do a straight leg raise for the life of me, it just won't move. I can go up and down a flight of 11 stairs no problem using my crutch and taking my time.I go back to the hospital Thursday to have the staples removed then physio, goodness knows what they will say. But my knee was quite swollen for seven and a half months before the op and the surgeon said there was even more damage than on the x rays, also a lot of chronic inflammation. This knee has been through a lot, it will need time to heal.
Love to hear how you are getting on after your bilateral. Did you go to a rehab place?
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Love, Tabbs xxx
 
Hi @Geepsmom
Just wondering how my surgery buddy is getting on. I hope everything went ok and you are firmly on the road to recovery. Are you going to start a recovery thread, if so I'll catch up with you there, otherwise all the best!
Love, Tabbs xxx
 
Hi Tabbycat, I responded to you in a message, but am still too goofy with pain meds to figure out how to start a recovery thread, follow the proper protocol for posting, etc. hope you are doing well!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom