Guest viewing is limited

2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to you @Liberty2 I will be having second done also. 3 weeks tomorrow since the and I'm already worrying about the next surgery. dreading doing this again. I wish I were done and had it behind me.
 
Welcome @Liberty2 I am also having my second hip replaced on the 28th September which may be on the same day as yourself.How are you feeling ? I am well ready to have the surgery and feel very calm probably due it being my second time round.Let us know when you have a confirmed.
 
Hi @Liberty2 ! So glad that you found us Sapphires!! I hope you have some time to look around this site, Lots of good information here.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting


01 September 15 BumbleB
04 September 15 PegGene
08 September 15 Inlove
14 September 15 Shelby58
17 September 15 daniel95503 (his second)
21 September 15 CricketHip
23 September 15 Cynthia777
24 September 15 Doodles51 (her second)
28 September 15 Kim22 (her second)
29 September 15 Mimi#51
 
Hi! I haven't been able to connect to start a form. Maybe it's because I'm using a kindle in place of my computer which is up stairs. I apologize for just showing up out of the blue. I'm (hopefully), having a hip replacement in September. I go back to see os on Monday, Aug. 17th to have my right socket ball area measured for any further grinding into pelvic. Does that make sense? I also have bone on bone osteoauthritis in same hip and left hip, but it's not as bad. Thank you ahead of time for directrng me to where I need to be. Also I appreciate all the information I have read on bone smart .I've learned so much in the past month. Thank you printed voices of the waiting and those on the other side. Love and joy
 
Hi @I'm Hip Welcome to Bone Smart. I'm not too savvy with this forum but I believe if you go to the hip replacement pre-op forum and start a thread there it will be seen by more members. You can start a thread there asking any questions you may have , request advice, or to just get your feelings out- worries, concerns, anything at all you'd like to get off your chest. I've found this forum extremely helpful as I'm scheduled for a LTHR on September 4- looks like I'm the first Sapphire to go :scaredycat: I can't believe it's only a few weeks away. Hope your appt. went well today.
 
I am scheduled for a Sept 1 right hip replacement. I am counting down the days because I am in a lot of pain. I'm also anxious because I haven't had any prior surgeries and I'm afraid of getting sick afterward. I just want it to be over with!
 
Hi @BumbleB I know what you mean, I'm scheduled for September 4 and am REALLY nervous about nausea/, constipation and pain... I'm also excited though for the time when I can walk without pain and without a limp and be able to do the things I havent been able to do for so long. Unlike you, I'm not in a lot of pain on a daily basis, comes from too much activity and at night when trying to sleep or turning the wrong way so I occasionally have a fleeting moment of doubt. I hope the next few weeks go by as quicky and comfortably as possible for you and that your surgery goes just as well.
 
Hi @BumbleB
I am a fellow Sapphire, but have to wait until the 21st for mine.
Try not to worry too much about the surgery.. my mantra is this
" This too shall pass" I've had several surgeries and it has helped me in every scenario. Nausea can be controlled. if you tell your anesthesiologist your fears, then I bet he/she will be sure to give you meds to help before it even happens. looking forward to following your recovery.
 
@PegGene I want to get back to doing the things I haven't been able to do as well. Until 3 weeks ago I was riding my horses, but it got so painful to get on and off I dreaded doing it and had to make the difficult decision to stop. My goal is to be back up on a horse by the end of October. My surgeon thinks it's doable, and having a goal is helping me get through this.

@CricketHip Unfortunately, I have a personality that worries about everything. I am driving myself and my boyfriend crazy right now because I keep thinking - what if? I guess I am like Chicken Little, and once I get through this, I'll realize that, while not a pleasant experience, it wasn't all gloom and doom like I kept imagining.
 
Welcome to the forum and the September Sapphires @BumbleB I am having my left hip replaced on the 28th September and feel very calm about the surgery and just want it out of the way now.This is because it is my second hip as I had the right one done in 2013.All I will say is that the actual surgery was no where as bad as I thought it would be in the weeks leading up to it and that is why I feel more chilled. Lots of people successfully get back to horse riding after THR including a 2012 Olympian I think he is called Nick Skelton but one of the mods will direct you to an article about him in the thread Amazing Hip Recoveries.
 
Hi everyone. I am new here. This is my first post.
I'm having a THR September 29. I'm a little nervous. I've never had surgery before. I just want the pain to go away. I can barely get around right now with a cane. Nothing I take for pain has helped. I've been confined to my bed, eating like a pig, getting fatter each day. I have missed out on doing fun summer stuff with our 3 grandkids. I'm so ready to get this over, and start living again.
 
Welcome to Bonesmart @Mimi#51 I am having my left hip replaced on the 28th September which is the day before you.I have 2 grandsons one who will be 3 in November and a baby of 6 months so I can't wait to be fully recovered to be able to fully participate in their activities.The other thing I really miss is taking long country walks and riding my bike. If you have any questions just post a thread in the Preop section.
 
@Mimi#51 - My surgery is 9/1, and I'm very nervous, too. Like you, I've never had a surgery before, and not knowing what to expect is adding to my anxiety. I have been in pain for over a year, but it wasn't until spring when the horse show season started again that I realized how awful I felt! My pain meds don't help, either, and I've cut back on my activities the last month because the pain makes me queasy, and really, who wants to do anything when they feel that bad?

By Thanksgiving you should feel better and be ready to hang out with the grandkids. I find that making a list with small goals of the things I need to do prior to surgery, and then the things I want to do after surgery keeps my spirits up. Good luck! I know you'll have a great recovery!
 
Thank you Kim, Bumble B, and Bottomshollow for the kind welcome. LoL, I just checked my surgery date, and it is the 28th. Glad I checked.
Yes Kim, I know what you mean about missing walks in the country. We're out I the country near lots of nature and beautiful rivers that we love to kayak with the grands. I've missed out every outing with them this summer. I had also just got a bicycle last year that I've barely ridden because of the pain starting to get worse.
BumbleB, I'm so sorry you've had to miss out on your horse shows. Being from Texas, I know how passionate horse lovers are. You'll do fine, and I can't wait to follow you and everyone in here stories.
Thanks again for your support.
 
@Mimi#51 We are hip buddies now you are having yours done as the same day as me.I am in the UK and as we are 5 hours ahead of US ET or 8 hours if you are on the Pacific side.I have never tried kayaking but it looks like fun and I can well understand your frustration at having to sit on the sidelines whilst the family enjoy activities.Hopefully it won't be too long before you are joining them again.
 
Amazing Kim. We certainly are hip buddies. Hmmmmmm......... Your 6 hours ahead (? I'm Central)
As I go in, you'll be out, and on your way to a successful, pain free life. You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.
 
Hi @Mimi#51 Welcome to the Forum. It's really a wonderful supportive and encouraging group. It helps tremendously to have others who understand and have been there/or are going there to bounce concerns and questions off of. I'm also a September Sapphire, my LTHR is Fri. 9/4 and is only two weeks away. I'm really nervous too, but excited to be rid of this debilitating and painful hip joint so that I can get back to moving with more ease and able to do the simple things we tend to take for granted like putting our socks on :heehee: Best wishes to you for a smooth and successful procedure and recovery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom