2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!

[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting


04 September 15 PegGene
08 September 15 Inlove
14 September 15 Shelby58
17 September 15 daniel95503 (his second)
21 September 15 CricketHip
23 September 15 Cynthia777
24 September 15 Doodles51 (her second)
28 September 16 Kim22 (her second)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?
@daniel95503, you have also been officially added to the September surgery list!

With two shiny brand new man made hips, there will just be no stopping you!!!!
 
@Cynthia777, I keep the surgery threads up-to-date, but they were started several years before I became a member by Jamie, and she chose all the names for each month of the year. So I have to give credit where credit is due :heehee:!
 
I am having right hip replacement surgery Sept 8th. I had Perthes as a child and had three hip surgeries at that time. As a result my femoral head is deformed and I have bone on bone grinding. I am looking forward to be able to take long walks with my new husband and no longer being in pain.
 
Hi @Inlove welcome to this forum and the September Sapphire gang.You well be getting your new hip a few weeks before me as I am scheduled for the 28th September.You haven't too long to wait and you can get lots of support and information on here which will help you prepare for surgery,
 
Hi September Saphires!! I just recieved news yesterday that I will be placed on the THR list. Althgough I do not have an exact date, my OS specified that the sergery will take place within 6 mths and I should know real soon when... I joined here to read more on the preparation before the operation. I am now preparing physically along with mentally. Thank u for yr stories, I am really looking forward also to a pain free life...
 
The funny thing is I am not too nervous about the surgery. I am looking forward to no longer being in constant pain. I am on my feet all day and walk alot at my job. I have lost the ability to cross my right leg over my left knee. Putting on socks and shoes requires me to be a contortionist!!
 
@Inlove you are doing the right thing by focusing on being pain free and being able to enjoy a more active life with your new husband.
 
Greetings to @Inlove! I am a September Saphire, too. Sounds like you have had your share of hip pain and this forum will be very informative and comforting to you. It's helping me with the highs and lows of waiting and I hope it helps you, too!
 
Hi, I am scheduled for surgery the 28th or 29th! Lol (I will know next week). This is my second hip replacement, but I am no less nervous. I became so sick with vomiting on day 5 post-op, before. . .the only reason I can do this again is that I cannot function this way any longer!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom