Guest viewing is limited

2015 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see you all again, with news that after the total success of my right TKR, I'm having a left TKR on October 12th. A tiny bit envious of the HSS crew, but I'm having mine at Flushing Hospital and they did okay before.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!

[Bonesmart.org] 2015 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 October 15 Slainte (her second)
06 October 15 shellyglaze (her second), cowchick (her second)
07 October 15 nomoreski (bilateral), JustmeT (revision), BusterBeans (bilateral)
08 October 15 Scheherazade (bilateral)
12 October 15 RieRie, TeeDee (her second)
13 October 15 swmrgirl, Talon
19 October 15 TKR coming. DUTCH (revision), grandmalove
20 October 15 Wantoskiagain
21 October 15 Dem Ole Bones, webbie73, Huddo 1969
22 October 15 Crappy knees (bilateral)
26 October 15 foodiex2
 
Hi all,
My name is Lisa. I will have a left TKR on October 6th. I had my right knee done already. I am starting to get super stressed the closer the surgery date gets. Everytime I think about it I have a panic attack. I never have panic attacks. Lol
Is this normal with the 2nd knee?
Thanks, Lisa
 
I am having my 2nd knee done on the same day as you shelly
 
Has anyone used the cyro cuff on their knee after surgery? Is it better than an ice pack?
Thanks, Lisa
 
I had right knee done July 9 and am having left knee done Oct. 1. The hospital gave me a cryocuff to use and I love it! I hope I get another one with my left knee and they don't just tell me to bring the first one back from home. Would love to have one in my office and one at home. We will be Feisties together!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@cowchick, you have been officially added to the October surgery list!

Please start a new thread in the Knee Replacement Pre Op area to voice your concerns and questions---you'll get a lot more of the attention you deserve there.
 
Hi, I'm new -- just joined. Am scheduled for a bilateral on October 7th. Will be poking around the site for information and advice -- and encouragement and camaraderie sound great!
 
OK, here goes... I'm scheduled for a LTKR on Oct 20th and I'd be lying if I said I am not terrified.... I am looking forward to some support during this journey & hope to be supportive right-back-at-ya!
 
Hi all,
My name is Lisa. I will have a left TKR on October 6th. I had my right knee done already. I am starting to get super stressed the closer the surgery date gets. Everytime I think about it I have a panic attack. I never have panic attacks. Lol
Is this normal with the 2nd knee?
Thanks, Lisa

Hey Lisa, I hear ya. I didn't think I was nervous, but as it gets closer I am getting Nervous. Guess we know what to expect and not looking forward to the long time of being laid up and doing practically nothing for 2-3 weeks, ha! so right there with you on the being nervous part. I did use the cryo cuff on my ice machine and loved it, so much easier than ice packs for sure! ONLY way to go!
 
I am having my 2nd knee done on the same day as you shelly
That is awesome and we are having the Same knee done also, LOL! well we can be Left Knee buddies! How long ago did you get your Right knee done? I had my done over a year and a half ago. Then I started having hip and back issues about a year after surgery from them straightening out my Right knee due to it being bowed from the arthritis and throwing off my gait. I knew I needed to have the left one done, but that helped speed up the decision to get it done sooner. :) Won't lie I am getting a little anxious about getting the other one done due to knowing about all the time being laid up,etc... but I am looking forward to doing more after it is healed and then I will be the bionic woman . . . . LOL!!! no one will stop me from doing the things I love!!!!
 
I am scheduled for RTKR on Oct 13th. I am very nervous! The only other surgery I've ever had was my arthroscopy in May. I've been to the Dr more this year for my knee OA than I have in the past ten years total! I also haven't heard if my insurance has approved the surgery yet. It's all kind of overwhelming!
 
I got curious, and then brave today and called my surgeon's office to find out the brand of BTKR implants I'll soon be wearing. I learned they will be a pair of ConforMIS iTotal personalized implants. After reading and watching videos about them, they don't seem as scary or off putting as they had. Desensitizing myself perhaps...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom