2015 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having hip replacement surgery on July 24. The procedure that they are using is the direct anterior surgical approach.
Has anyone had this procedure!
 
@Canadian Hipster Welcome to BoneSmart! Plenty of our members have had DAA - as well as other approaches. In the end, the result is the same. No more bone on bone pain and you get on with living.

Why don't you start your own pre-op thread so we can follow your journey?
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!



[Bonesmart.org] 2015 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 July 15 island life
02 July 15 Supsurfer1974, hayleybell63, Godfather (CD w/grafting)
04 July 15 annierich
06 July 15 gazelle7777
07 July 15 Susie4034
08 July 15 landlocked
09 July 15 3Sportsdad (his second)
10 July 15 Kocob (bilateral)
13 July 15 KcSweet1975, Elliottnt
14 July 15 debwebwall
15 July 15 Cynj
16 July 15 Jeev
23 July 15 Doodles51, Wally79
24 July 15 Canadian Hipster
27 July 15 rtkitters, rugmankc, Grumpyjoe
28 July 15 AndyH99
29 July 15 Alvin365
30 July 15 Nana757
 
All the best nana757. I am also very anxious and cant wait to be on the other side of surgery!! Hope you have a good, speedy recovery :-)
 
Scheduled for the morning of July 29th for right total hip with Dr Grey in Tampa Florida, I have some questions about post op like how long afterwards do you need an Ice machine? do people actually buy used ones. Mine is due to Avascular Necrosis. I have been told by one rehab center that was on the list that they have their own. Im thinking maybe i can save money buy buying a used one for home once im out of rehab. Also Sleeping, I currently cant sleep unless im in a recliner, how long does it take to change that?
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?
@Alvin365, you have been officially added to the July surgery list!

I am coping your post and putting it in the hip replacement pre op area of the forum. You'll get more responses there. I'm also going to give you some essential reading to do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom