Guest viewing is limited

2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic, Betsy - that would be great! Thanks much! Are you going to be using an ice machine?

Monah
 
I am scheduled for right total knee replacement on July 14th, 2014.:doggie:
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting


01 July 14 @Boxwood (bilateral)
02 July14 @wnygal
03 July 14 @71Beetle (her second)
07 July 14 @knees (her first)
08 July 14 @Roselover, @mark2667 (bilateral)
09 July 14 @madinana
14 July 14 @Monah, @Betsy-Knees-7-2014, @doingmykneenext, @Gamma LLM
15 July 14 @jsm
16 July 14 @Pipt (her second), @Lu.winslow (bilateral)
17 July 14 @bball78 (her second)
18 July 14 @CustomTKR
23 July 14 @Racey60
25 July 14 @scstampin
28 July 14 @samatney, @meechmom, @Daystar
31 July 14 @Krynn49 (her second)
 
I need to have it done! I made the mistake of watching this surgery. ugh !
 
Hi July Sparklers!

@Monah yes I hope to have an ice machine. When my Dr tells me who they use for the C PM machine, Im gonna call them and ask to add the ice machine. One gal said medicare paid for hers. I think if it is packed with the cpm it will go through.

@Gamma LLM , welcome to our day of surgery... I also will be on 7/14... we can write while being up at night. Haha

@RottenKnee , welcome and join us in taking a hold of the life we have been missing. The new parts will let us get back on track to enjoy life. Will your insurance pay? Git ur dun.
 
Hi all, I am booked in for my second TKR on July 16 (right knee done on May 13)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Betsy - I won't have a CPM machine. My doctor doesn't want like them, and a couple of my friends here who had other doctors didn't use them either. I suppose I will have to buy and ice machine, but since I have the left knee to do later, guess it'll be OK.
 
Hi @Pipt,
Welcome to July SParklers... I can't wait. Out with the old and in with the new.... Help us along the way as you have been through this before. Is the same OS doing the second?
 
Schedule for July 17th left knee....had right knee done May 9, 2013
LTKR went very well......sure this one will also:)
 
Welcome to the forum, Boxwood! So glad you joined us. You might want to start a thread of your own and tell us a bit about yourself. We love getting to know our members better.
 
Bilateral knee surgery July 16, I am so glad I found this site!
 
Hello @Lu.winslow - Welcome :yahoo:
I am also a July surgery person, just couldn't get anyone here in Fresno to do both. So gonna due my RTKR. So are you doing all your chores? I did windows, straightened up my bedrooms, and visited a PT location today because I have 3 places I could go. Just don't want bad PT's.

So, how about you? Are you going to Rehab after surgery? I am because I live a ways away from town so need to get happy with my getting around. Hubby isn't really too good in the nursing dept. :console2:

Do you have a list of things to take to hospital / rehab? I've packed ear plugs.... and a sleep mask. Yes I am an optimist.

So, let's have fun in our pain....:good-bad:
 
I have been getting the house in order, and trying to get ahead at work! I am gonna need to go to the hospital early to get some rest! I am going to check out the two rehab facilities that Kaiser uses in my area tomorrow. I had to be very pushy about going to a rehab, I think if I had not pushed they would of sent me home. All that I have read about bilateral success is rehab is a must! I have not even thought about what to take yet. I just had a scare, a friend told me about someone who had her new knee taken out, she had a severe reaction to the nickel screws! She say " I hope your not allergic to nickel" I said why yes I am severely allergic to nickel! I wore a nickle necklace for 3 hours and had a severe reaction on my neck for almost a month! So I call the nurse and she said why is that not in your chart! So they had to order me Titanium knees! I'am so glad I found that out! What day is your surgery? Good luck on your search!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom