2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Bottomshollow, my Doctor has changed my surgery date from July 28th to August 4th, due to the fact I'm going bilateral! I'm sorry to say I won't be in with the rest of the sparklers!
 
Hi @Daystar - Nice to have buddies to take this trip with. I live out of town and there isn't a pharmacy here; so I opted to go to rehab to be sure my pain meds are on course. tee hee. Also my hubby is out of town a lot and that way I don't have to keep him home to sit and help me. I'd rather have a week working on getting around on my own and then come home.

Welcome Jackie, we can help each other and in the weeee hours of the night we'll have someone to write to or read posts. I have a nice list of things to take to the hospital / rehab like ear plugs and a sleep mask. Plus I learned how to Crochet so I am making Hot Pad Holders for the nurses. We need lots of sitting activities so we can listen to our leg.... and sit. (Not use to that..._)

:mooncat:
 
Hi Betsy Knees, yes I'm sure there will be plenty of sleepless nights and I sure don't want to wake the hubby and make him irritable. LOL:shocked:
 
I don't think I have been officially added to the July list yet. At least I haven't seen it. Of course I could just be missing it.
 
referee54,

Yes that is how I feel. My OS asked what knee is worse and I stated at any given time I can't say their both painful and weak, one might be worse today, the other tomorrow. I like the one and done idea, do them both and get it over. Recovery, I think for me will be really good, I'm in pain but still working 50 hrs. a week, just about finished reroofing my house 18sq. and I still have most of my ROM. I guess I will see. The secret handshake, I be looking forward to that.
 
Betsy-Knees-7-2014,
Yes I did some research on the DonJoy Iceman, it's a great setup, but I will be using a Cryo-cuff, my OS recomends it and stated it will be all ready for me when I get out of surgery. I see my OS July 2 to talk about Rehab, but I beleive I will be better at home in my own comfort zone, so I will be pushing on going home as soon as I can. I'm excited to get them done, been putting them off too long. With this form, I have found that it will be tough jounery, but do able. With so many positive out come stories, that I have read here. I'm ready!!!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 July14 @wnygal
03 July 14 @71Beetle (her second)
07 July 14 @knees (her first)
08 July 14 @Roselover, @mark2667 (bilateral)
09 July 14 @madinana
14 July 14 @Monah, @Betsy-Knees-7-2014, @doingmykneenext
15 July 14 @jsm
23 July 14 @Racey60
25 July 14 @scstampin
28 July 14 @samatney, @meechmom, @Daystar
31 July 14 @Krynn49 (her second)
 
@Crow22, I have removed you from the July surgery list and will add you to the August list when it is posted.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@jsm, you have been officially added to the July surgery list!

(Sorry, I missed your post regarding your date [Bonesmart.org] 2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July? )
 
@bottomshollow, musta missed mine too :) Posted yesterday that second one was confirmed for July 31st.
Will start official thread later today:)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@Krynn49, you have now been officially added to the July surgery list!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July? So sorry, Krynn, so much chat on this thread now---gonna have to be more careful when I'm looking through the posts.
 
New here! :)

I am having a TRHR (is that the right abbreviation for total right hip replacement?)
Surgery is July 25th
 
Hi I am new to this and having full knee replacement on July 9th
 
I am scheduled to have my right knee replaced on July 8th.

We are a day apart. Are you nervous, I am scared, and hoping to find comfort by reading what everyone is experiencing. They wanted me to do both but decided left only
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I am nervous. It looks like there will be four of us having surgery between July 7th and July 9th.
 
We'll just have to make our place under the ceiting fan. Fresno is hot also. Will you be going home after surgery or to rehab?
Betsy - I was in Fresno once, so I know it's hot, too! I am going home, that's what my doc prefers. I was in rehab twice after hip surgeries and I would be happy to go back, still know several of the staff. But I'd need someone here anyway to care for my two meows. So my brother will come for a couple of weeks, then my sister. I'm sure they're not excited about Arizona in July but they're biting the bullet.

My issue at the moment is the ice thing. Apparently Medicare doesn't pay for those, so I have to figure out what I want to do. One of my friends had a knee done almost two years ago and she did not use ice at all, but it sounds important to have it to me. Any thoughts?
 
Hi All, My date is 18th July if I do a customized RTKR. Otherwise it will be 3 weeks early. Lots of decisions to make. Hoping to get some answers reading the threads. Thank you
 
Hi Monah.... I have found out that a friend had the CPM machine AND the Mr Iceman machine both from the same medical equipment company AND medicare paid. So I thought, when I find out who the supplier is for my Dr... I'll call them and see how to get it done. Maybe that will help you.

:biking:

Hi Custom, Is your leg straight or is it bowed? I thought the custom knees were good for bents legs. My leg is straight so a Zimer knee will be a stock version.

Welcome to all our conversations,
Betsy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom