Guest viewing is limited

2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@martizan45, you have been officially added to the December surgery list!

(I have removed you from the November list.)
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.


Welcome to our latest and all December SuperNovas!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Please do not chit-chat in this thread. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 December 14 Tisipoohbear, Remy, yyaggs, Java's Mom
02 December 14 Alfie (her first), Drachenschwanz (bilateral), Madslax11
04 December 14 Patti58, martizan46 (bilateral)
06 December 14 Ellejay (her second)
08 December 14 sumpdiver, Poppix2 (his first), wagoncab, nowasober1
11 December 14 Toomuchfun (his second)
15 December 14 kvhundley, Holly, msleen (her second), aliensweetie
16 December 14 lunula, fiberlady (her second), Alsvid, Poulin, Tom60 (bilateral)
17 December 14 jude2014
18 December 14 jcsmoke
19 December 14 treypops
22 December 14 lavender
27 December 14 kweh
 
Oh, scared the mess out of my 8 year old this afternoon...
Told him if all his legos and nerf guns were lying around after surgery and I tripped on one of them, my legs might fall off. His room was spotless at bedtime. He's a nice kid, I think we'll keep him.

I find that bribery & scare tactics work wonders at a young age :loll:I hope you're doing well. I'm into the final countdown and, since being off all meds now since Friday, I am so glad to be getting this replacement on Monday! I almost forgot how crappy my knee had become. I'm starting to get a lot more nervous about the initial recovery pain though. My mom died 2 weeks ago (at 92) and I've been so busy thinking of her and working at all the things that go after a death, that I really didn't think of the weeks to come. Now that I've got the time, my heart is racing more and my nights of a solid 5 hour sleep have changed to fragmented hours and freaking out about pain I'm in for. I've never heard anyone say that they regretted getting their knee replaced so that's a good consolation! Just keep reminding me of the outcome Please!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Remy, very sorry to hear about your Mom, I know how rough that is. Getting all the after care gear organized reminded me that my Mom went through this a decade ago. When we went through her things, she had all of what I'm looking for now! We donated it all to a church when she passed two years ago...hindsight.

I've never heard anyone say that they regretted getting their knee replaced so that's a good consolation! Just keep reminding me of the outcome Please!!
Everybody I've talked to said they wish they'd have gotten the fix earlier, they were so happy with the outcome. It's kind of a relief having all the steps accomplished now, doctor visits, cleaning, last minute projects, cooking, research, and lots of praying went into the process (not to mention Thanksgiving prep. and Christmas decorating). Now that the day is less than a week away, I'm looking forward to a few days of drug hazed peace and quiet!

I'll be praying for sure hands and speedy successful recovery for all my fellow Supernovas all December
 
Guess my original post was in the wrong place, but I'm scheduled for a TKR on December 1. The posts on Bonesmart have been so beneficial in preparing for this surgery. Thanks to all who have supplied the information!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well we are on the final count down now I finish work tomorrow ready for my op Tuesday very nervous trying to keep calm not packed my bag yet still trying to get my house in order hope everyone keeping strong x
 
good luck for Monday
Guess my original post was in the wrong place, but I'm scheduled for a TKR on December 1. The posts on Bonesmart have been so beneficial in preparing for this surgery. Thanks to all who have supplied the information!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum[/QU
 
Leaving for the Hospital in an hour...still fairly sure I'll survive...lol.
Good luck to the rest of today's recipients.
 
My surgery has been moved up to Dec. 19. Still a SuperNova, just an earlier one.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@treypops, your surgery date has been officially changed. Congrats on getting an earlier date. What a great Christmas present you're getting (although you may not think so on Christmas Day, but you certainly will later).
 
Best of luck, I hope all goes well. Holly
Leaving for the Hospital in an hour...still fairly sure I'll survive...lol.
Good luck to the rest of today's recipients.
Hope it all went well and you have a speedy recovery my surgery was cancelled at the last hour so upset was all set to go down have to go through it all again now no date at the moment tho
 
Hope it all went well and you have a speedy recovery my surgery was cancelled at the last hour so upset was all set to go down have to go through it all again now no date at the moment tho

That's unhappy news! Must be hard to get psyched up, physically and mentally then have to put that all on hold. I'm really sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll be back on track quickly?

I came home yesterday, less than 48 hours after surgery. Can't believe how big, and tight my legs feel! Still praying for all your surgeries both for your health and for all your caregivers.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@chicklady, so sorry to hear about your cancelled surgery. I have removed you from the December list. Please let us know as soon as you get a new date.
 
To all my December buddies, if the hospital staff asks if you want to take home the sheepskin (like) covers for the CPM, the answer was probably, "Yes, ma'am, thank you, Ma'am!" the thin foam ones they deliver with the machine aren't nearly as comfortable. Besides, when you're done with the machine, you can use them for a cool craft project.

Discovered last night while wandering around the house at 3:35AM that, if you happen to get the white stay-up style of compression hose and happen to be not wearing pants, you can turn your smart phone on and tuck it down one leg (bright side out). Makes a fantastic hands free headlight!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom