2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.


Welcome to our latest and all December SuperNovas!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Please do not chit-chat in this thread. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 December 14 Tisipoohbear, Remy, yyaggs, Java's Mom
02 December 14 Alfie (her first), Drachenschwanz (bilateral), Madslax11
04 December 14 Patti58, martizan46 (bilateral)
06 December 14 Ellejay (her second)
08 December 14 sumpdiver, Poppix2 (his first), wagoncab, nowasober1
11 December 14 Toomuchfun (his second)
15 December 14 kvhundley, Holly, msleen (her second), aliensweetie, oldrugbyprop (bilateral)
16 December 14 lunula, Alsvid, Poulin, Tom60 (bilateral)
17 December 14 jude2014, bizinfl
18 December 14 jcsmoke
19 December 14 treypops
22 December 14 lavender, eyeontheprize (bilateral)
23 December 14 beitmery hermit
27 December 14 kweh
29 December 14 Elizabeth U (her second), fiberlady (her second)
 
One by one, my December buddies are on their road to recovery. Hope you're all ready! Its been just over a week for me and things are progressing. First few days were surprisingly easier than I expected, still going strong after the "honeymoon phase", lol.
It seems to be my MO, but I discovered something else the hard way. Please make sure your compression stockings aren't too tight! I had one pair and they sent another home from the hospital. The second pair was one size too small, but the other needed cleaning and, since my waterproof bandages were off, didn't want to snag the staples. To be honest, it's not comfortable having the incisions rub on even the lighters of blankets. Sooo, we put the smaller pair on and went to bed. Ouch. I've peen running the CPM while sleeping but was unable to get to sleep last night, that leg was aching so much so I switched to the other leg and eventually drifted off around 2:30. I was up for good around 4:30. Both legs tingling but sort of numb too. Both incisions ached from the pressure and my kneecaps felt as if they were pushed out of alignment. This morning I feel like I've been set back about four days. Now, to be fair, yesterday's PT session was particularly rough. I've been back to just using the walker but, as things improve throughout the day, I've been able to return to the cane a bit.
Please wear the right sized hose, your knees will thank you!

Update: Things have gotten back to almost normal this evening. Friday morning looks to be another fine day!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like your recovery is going well, hope we all experience the same progress. I am now only two days away from surgery and ready to do this. The issue I had with the dentist who was so aggressive to me saying I had infections and would need to cancel surgery has now been sorted. I went to a new dentist and periodontist who after an x-ray and examination told me that my gums were fine, I had a small infection under one tooth and this was removed yesterday along with the infection, so all sorted now by a very nice female dentist. I have been so busy this week and will be over the next two days, I don't think I will need to be sedated for surgery, I will just collapse, but it is keeping my mind off worrying about it.

Best of luck to all the December gang. Holly
 
I am getting TKR on right knee on Dec 17. Last year, I had the left one replaced. I too, am getting more anxious and nervous as the day gets closer.
 
Heading to the hospital in a couple of hours, talk to you on the other side. Holly
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@bizinfl, you have been officially added to the December surgery list!
 
I am over my surgery and doing fantastic, no pain, can lift leg, just feeling great. A great surgeon and very kind staff. Thanks for all the support I received from this forum. I will start my recovery thread when I go home in a couple of days on the after TKR page on Holly's journey. One. Very happy HOLLY.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi,
Please add me to the December list. This is my second TKR.

December 29 - RTKR
(November 20 was my first--LTKR)

Thanks!
 
:gaah:You can take me off the December 16th date and put me on the 29th. This is my fourth date and nothing, I mean nothing is going to get in the way this time. :holysheep::tantrum2::banghead:
 
Hi Cindy, best of luck on the 29th, I had mine done on the 15th, it was not as bad as I thought it would be and recovery is going well. Holly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom