2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all of you new ---and not-so-new---forum members who are having a TKR or a BTKR done in Decmeber---welcome tot he forum family---we will all be here for you and help you throughout the entire process!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.


Welcome to our latest and all December SuperNovas!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Please do not chit-chat in this thread. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 December 14 Tisipoohbear, Remy
02 December 14 Alfie (her first), chicklady
04 December 14 Patti58
06 December 14 Ellejay (her second)
08 December 14 sumpdiver, Poppix2 (his first)
11 December 14 Toomuchfun (his second)
15 December 14 kvhundley, Holly
16 December 14 lunula, fiberlady (her second)
 
Not sure if I have been added to the December list, don't see my name there. Surgery on 15th December. Holly
 
@Holly, the surgery list is carried over each time to the current page. If you scroll up this page you will find the list and your name IS on it. Your name does not appear on the list on page one, but will continue to appear on all lists carried over to the next page from now on.
 
Hi - my LTKR is scheduled for December 1st and I've started my preparations for it already. Pre-registration for the hospital today, lab work on Wednesday, surgery class on Saturday, etc. It will be a busy month!! Luckily, I have a wonderful boss who says "do whatever you need to do, I'll get by" so I'm very lucky that way. Just wish I could sleep at night or, when I do wake up, wish I could stop thinking of the possible pain that might be happening. Anybody else have surgery on the brain all the time? Tisipoohbear - I'll be watching your posts as we're the same day. Mine's scheduled for 10:00 -- yours?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya, I'm going for my second TKR, this time I will have my left one done, on December 6th. I had my right one done in January this year,the best thing I ever did, so I'm hoping the same will be true for this one and I will soon be cycling again.
so glad to here your back on your bike at the moment that just a dream to me
 
Hi - my LTKR is scheduled for December 1st and I've started my preparations for it already. Pre-registration for the hospital today, lab work on Wednesday, surgery class on Saturday, etc. It will be a busy month!! Luckily, I have a wonderful boss who says "do whatever you need to do, I'll get by" so I'm very lucky that way. Just wish I could sleep at night or, when I do wake up, wish I could stop thinking of the possible pain that might be happening. Anybody else have surgery on the brain all the time? Tisipoohbear - I'll be watching your posts as we're the same day. Mine's scheduled for 10:00 -- yours?
Hi I too have started all my pre ops I'm all ready to go now due on the 2nd Dec for rtkr I'm very very nervous keep having really bad nightmares and cant stop thinking about surgery and if I'll cope with it unfortunally here in the uk we are not given a time for surgery we just have to turn up at 7am and wait our turn think that gone be very hard waiting around do hope I don't chicken out
 
Hi @chicklady, please don't be frightened, yes it is painful, but it can't be too bad, I'm going back for my second in less than a year after my first. The outcome of mine has been so wonderful I really want to be able to walk properly again, and, yes, cycle again with no pain in either knee. If you want to click on the link to my thread it is in my signature box below, it is my recovery from week one. I don't put much on it these days, but I will start to use it again after December 6th. Do feel free to ask any of us here about anything you are worried about and we will do our best to put your mind at rest. Best wishes, xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi - my LTKR is scheduled for December 1st and I've started my preparations for it already. Pre-registration for the hospital today, lab work on Wednesday, surgery class on Saturday, etc. It will be a busy month!! Luckily, I have a wonderful boss who says "do whatever you need to do, I'll get by" so I'm very lucky that way. Just wish I could sleep at night or, when I do wake up, wish I could stop thinking of the possible pain that might be happening. Anybody else have surgery on the brain all the time? Tisipoohbear - I'll be watching your posts as we're the same day. Mine's scheduled for 10:00 -- yours?
 
I am so nervous, I have preop blood work next week, my joint class Nov 24th and pt on that Friday to teach me how to walk with a crutch ...my surgery is scheduled @ 10:30 and the left knee 6 weeks after that. We need to keep each other positive.
 
@Tisipoohbear, I have removed your email address for the post above. This is a very public forum, and it really is not safe to have your email address out there for any and everyone to see. If you want a particular member to have it, please send them a private message.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom