Guest viewing is limited

2014 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having THA April 3. I've been off NSAIDs for a few days pre-surgery and am in a considerable amount of pain, particularly in my lower back, which has been an increasing problem for several years. I have Tramadol, but hate to take it during the day. I wonder regularly if the pain in my back is really from my deteriorated hip as the surgeon says, or something else. Guess I'm gonna find out!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?



Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 April 14 @JoeL
02 April 14 @Me2
03 April 14 @jackspratt, @BoomerBabe
04 April 14 @czak57
07 April 14 @Cantabrigian, @Hippy Kitty, @doggievet
08 April14 @Wilsomasan,@HydroTechNH (his first), @Kirk7, @jhmills
09 April 14 @kpalms
10 April 14 @MajorHeidi
14 April 14 @yougrowgirl365
15 April 14 @VF, @Suemarie7 (bilateral)
22 April 14 @spencermm
23 April 14 @Captian Crazy
24 April 14 @bamagirl (her second)
29 April 14 @Hdold, @AbiHips, @M1ke
30 April 14 @Sue629, @fulafoto, @hipster_chic, @jebrig3164 (his second), @Stan H
 
@BoomerBabe Just wanted to say good luck with your upcoming surgery...I am sure you will do great and I look forward to reading your posts on the otherside ;) Be thinking about u :)
 
I am joining the April Rainbows….surgery Tuesday April 29th, at New England Baptist, Boston. THR right hip
 
I'm down for April 29th. I'm flying to the UK (from Singapore) and trying to turn it around in 10 days... I have two small children at home and a full time job and have had no mental space to prepare!! I'm about to post a million questions about it all so brace yourselves ;-)

So pleased to have found this forum as I've been guessing about most 'real life' questions until now!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@AbiHips welcome….we are scheduled for the same date. This forum is great. Ask all your questions……people are so kind.
 
I am scheduled for April 22
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Counting down to April 15th! Scared and excited and hopeful all at the same time. BTHR and hoping for Anterior procedure. Best of luck to everyone else and looking forward to being on the other side of all this very soon!!
 
April 30 is my surgery date. Not at all looking forward to it nor the weeks after. But have a vacation planned 3 1/2 months after that I want to be ready for. There is light at the end of the tunnel!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Stan, Good luck on the 30th. Everyone heals differently. I hope you have a wonderful vacation. My day is tomorrow. I am having both hips done at the same time so I'll let you know how that works out for me. Stay positive and work had on your recovery.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?


Is April the month you plan to find the pot of gold at the end of your rainbow? Congratulations!!! And we invite you to join the BoneSmart group, April Rainbows. As a team, you will have people like yourself going through surgery at the same time to talk with. We find this works really well to deal with concerns and provide support to each other.

Let us know your surgery date and join the group!
April 23, 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom