2014 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, lets hear it for the April hip buddies. :cheers: I love all the smiley choices. :)
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?



Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 April 14 @JoeL

02 April 14 @Me2
03 April 14 @jackspratt
04 April 14 @czak57
07 April 14 @Cantabrigian, @Hippy Kitty, @doggievet
08 April14 @Wilsomasan,@HydroTechNH (his first), @Kirk7, @jhmills
09 April 14 @kpalms
10 April 14 @MajorHeidi
14 April 14 @yougrowgirl365
15 April 14 @VF, @Suemarie7 (bilateral)
24 April 14 @bamagirl (her second)
30 April 14 @Sue629, @fulafoto, @hipster_chic, @jebrig3164 (his second)
 
@jackspratt....Welcome to Bonesmart....and to our April group :) Good wishes on your April 3rd Date.....Look forward to following your progess. All my best :) :flwrysmile:
 
Thankyou everyone :SUNsmile: It'll be nice to compare notes after our ops. I'm scared but excited to be getting it done at last.....:happydance:xx
 
Lots of great hippies and general awesomeness here in the April club. :egypdance:
 
BTHR on April 15th! A little nervous but keeping the eye on the prize of being pain free after recovery.
 
@Suemarie7 and @Me2 Welcome to both of you....More April buddies I love it...This is a great site you both will love. The support is more than I could of ever asked for :)......Good luck to you both :) Can't wait to follow your progress:flwrysmile:
 
At first I was Very anxious & nervous about the surgery but after talking with a few people who have had this done, I am looking forward to my surgery April 7
I have booked myself into a postoperative suite at a retirement place, as I have my 87 mother living with me and I don't want her to think she needs to help me. I have someone coming to see her every day when I'm in for surgery and postoperative care. Has anyone gone into a facility like this ?
My surgeon said that I only need to get two canes for after surgery, has anyone done only this or know if I should get a walker just in case?
Many thanks for any suggestions and comments
14 more sleeps :)
 
I'm happy I found this forum. I think this will help me through. When I tell people I am having a bi-lateral hip replacement on the same day, they act like I am nuts. I am a strong and practical person and feel strongly that if I have one surgery and one recovery it will be better overall for me even though those first few weeks are going to be very challenging. I'm sure I don't know the half of it. I have full confidence in my surgeon and the facility he uses and the staff is world class. We had a brutal winter here in MN but the health care facilities are among the best in the Country. My sincere best wishes to all who have to replace any joint in their body. Good luck and I look forward to being on the other side and recovering very soon.
 
At first I was Very anxious & nervous about the surgery but after talking with a few people who have had this done, I am looking forward to my surgery April 7

My surgeon said that I only need to get two canes for after surgery, has anyone done only this or know if I should get a walker just in case?
Many thanks for any suggestions and comments
14 more sleeps :)

7th April is a great day for a THR :) Welcome to the club! Being anxious is normal.

My OS has suggested 2 crutches (at least for the first few days) ... hopefully I will be able to upgrade to a stick before too long lol.
 
Thanks for adding me....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
A suemarie7 you will be fine . I had my first surgery on January 30th two months ago and having my left hip replaced this month on the 30th. Believe me when I say that if you been living with bone on bone pain this recovery pain is way way way less pain . I'm so grateful I had it done and looking to get my other hip done so I can have my life back. I had the anterior approach. Be encouraged your new life awaits you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
@jebrig3164 So happy to have you as a Hip Buddy....Yeah for 4/30 :) I personally can't wait, and I look forward to sharing with you. :egypdance: p.s. Don't get me wrong I have my sad days, but I am trying to think positive and smile, as things will be better :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom