THR 2 weeks post op and miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew!! Hope you feel better in the morning after all that! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
OMG, @dianehelen! I just read your posts and feel just horrible for all that you have endured. My fingers and toes are crossed and I am sending all my best wishes to you for a speedy recovery. We are rooting for you!
 
Well so much for new hope. Not 6 hours past dressing change with new wound center nurse, and the evil vac is noisy, and the dressing is leaking. I give up . Not happy :-(

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Well if you are behind me,, can you come in a bit closer, to create a seal to shut up this this damn vac. It's really making me homicidal

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Diane....I'm certainly no expert on wound vacs, but it sure sounds to me like this one is defective. Is there any chance you could receive a replacement? I would call the new wound doctor's office first thing tomorrow and see what they can do. I know you are tired of dealing with all this, but the leaking is inexcusable!
 
@Jamie it's not the machine, when I test it by capping off the cannister it's absolutely dead silent sealed. It's the dressing. I have had a few rare cycles where it was fine. But the bad combination of where it is on my body, how much it's draining and my fat folds, creases, and movement it's what is making this very difficult. I woke up this morning, and sure enough, it's leaking enough to fail, which it did. Waiting for 8 am to call new wound center nurse to reiterate one of my 2 main reasons for changing to that practice. Ughhh


Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Slept fair, noisy all night. But wake up, go to bathroom, walk to kitchen to feed dogs, noise level goes into high gear, then the fail, leak alert, pressure lost, turn off really vac, waiting for 8 till office opens to really voice my disappointment to this nurse. I don't know if I want to go back there for her to redo, or just call my nurse, who at least has about a 1 in 4 record of getting it right. U g hhhhhh . For now it's off and quiet.

Ok spoke to nurse from yesterday. Ughhh no real help. Gave me the, it's on a tough tough area, try patching with more tape, can you call your home nurse. Said she had never had dressing leak before,,bla bla bla. Am i the only human in the history of vac users that had had these problems? Can I be that unique. Anyway, very dissatisfied/disappointed and sad. I called Evelyn , my home nurse, she'll be here at about 10:30, so I can have 2 torture sessions in 2 days. Ughhhh ughhh ughhh

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Hi Diane

I really think some of us are just born lucky.

After first breaking my hip in Peru, then finding that I had a late-onset infection 18 months later, and having a 2-stage revision, I have just been to South America again. Brilliant tour of Ecuador unfortunately ended - exactly as before - with minor accident on second to last day, and broken metatarsal.

Usual pantomime of half-understood hospital and doctor visits ended with someone - my hero! - signing form to say I could make 3-flight, 24-hour journey home.

Now in plaster cast, on crutches (not so easy this time due to weight of cast), and confined to barracks.

I would not normally say this (as it is so very rarely true) but I think I do know how you feel.

Onwards and upwards!

Glynis
 
Wow @glynis , I guess I'd wonder why you keep going back there. But hope you heal fast. I guess you can relate to my frustrations, sad to say

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
I
You're not alone and I doubt it's your weight---I am slim and altho PT wasn't a problem I was very depressed at 2 weeks. I was told that it is a very slo process and try to be patient. At 10 weeks, I am starting to feel pretty good altho I still havepain and am not where I want to be.
II
 
Ok, Evelyn(home health nurse) to the rescue. She was here, not impressed with how the so called wound care specialist nurse did the dressing (duhh, it failed miserably), redid it, for now it's dead silent,, which is always a good thing when it starts out that way. When it starts out with even a little constant clucking, that's usually an indication of it failing. Loving the silence for the moment, please please PLEASE, good thoughts for it staying that way. She did comment that the debridement the dr did looked great. Hoping for a quiet day or three.
 
@dianehelen.....so glad you've ended on a somewhat positive note....thank goodness...hope it stays silent for you....fingers crossed...Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Dianne, I was looking at your machine and its bag. My friend who also had this nightmare after her hysterectomy, had a great big thing she had to wheel around the house on a drip stand! So she could go nowhere - ever! It was tough for her even getting about her own home.
Imagine that!

[Bonesmart.org] 2 weeks post op and miserable
 
What year was that @Josephine ?.I'm guessing before they had the home user portable ones. When I had my initial infection wash out, I had this giant monstrosity of a vac that was hung on the side of my bed. I had to put out on my walker to get out of bed. How long did she have it?
 
So hoping for you that you finally have some peace & quiet -- certainly, the peace that COMES from the quiet. You deserve some relief.
 
I'm getting there, but slowly. Currently doing out-patient PT & therapist is starting to push me a little more. My leg is considerably stronger, & numb foot (the main issue that has so extended my recovery) has regained feeling here & there on the sole & under my toes, but not across the top although I can now move my toes independently, which I thought would never happen. Still using a walker, but was told to bring cane to therapy next time. Today we practiced balancing by having me stand unsupported with therapist behind me poking me in hips, back, thighs to try to unbalance me. This among other scary routines as well as the usual strengthening stuff & recumbent bike. Very anxiety-producing, but necessary. She also stimulates the nerve in my leg (which goes to my foot) with electrical impulses. After today's session I was a wet noodle... an emotional mess, too.

I HAVE made progress, but am so afraid of falling... If anyone has some wise words about this, I'd appreciate them. Thanks for asking. Hope the evil vac stays quiet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom