THR 2 weeks post op and miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Bottomshollow - you have more courage and fortitude than you think because, in spite of all you're enduring, you keep going. The fact that you come here to help and encourage others, and to interact rather than curling up in a dark room somewhere, speaks to the strength of your character. Crying is a courageous release - not a sign of weakness. It keeps you mentally and emotionally healthy. You will get through this - there are better days ahead!!
 
Awe thank you @moms4tne. I just don't feel very courageous, But I do just keep going, no other rational choice. I do consider myself a bright and rational person ;-).

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
hi @dianehelen . just reading your thread. sounds awful. just wishing for you to be over this very soon and finally able to enjoy having had the surgery.
 
Sorry to find you feeling so blue..... @dianehelen ...it's a tough and sometimes lonely road. I know.

I can't believe that your few days away ended like that. I fell once too and thankfully landed on my good hip but it is scary and to not be able to call out for help...well I'm glad your ok.

Thanks for sharing the wound vac. I envisioned a big machine being stuck to your leg....I don't know why. So a tube is attached to the wound and the vac is like portable oxygen that you can carry around. It's amazing how much gunk is still coming out.

I take 4 x abx a dy and Blythe time I'm finished I will have been on abx for a year. Some mornings I wake up and just don't want to swallow another tablet!!!

Well...just wanted to let you know that I'm here to support you!!!

Hang in there....
 
I'd rather be swallowing pills all day rather than having this accessed port tube hanging out of my chest and having to play with syringes and little bottles of drugs to mix. I'm not really blue, so to speak, just tired of this whole ordeal. I'm sure you, Sally @Vetgirl can relate to.more than most. I'm seeing infectious dr tomorrow and already stressing over it.
 
Good luck and pls let us know how you get on!!
 
I will Sally. Hope you have a nice day ahead. I guess it's early Friday morning in your part of the world. I'm really glad you seem to be doing so well. It's 6:30 pm Thursday in my world, having the nightly chat about what to do about dinner.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Ahhhhh dinner...I live on soup atm....love it. Packed with nutrients too.

It's actually 8.30am on Thursday morning. Kids just left for school and hubby went to get me a cappuccino !!!!!
 
Oh duhhh of course Thursday. It's Wednesday here, Iost ya a whole day. My brain cells are rotting :-)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
I thought so but didn't want to alarm you!!! Lol
 
Don't feel bad, dianehelen, I did the same thing today. Was sure tomorrow was payday - but it was only wishful thinking Wednesday :(
 
Diane you are brave and have tremendous fortitude.
Stick with it, and keep posting.... I know it must help.
I hope your appt goes well.....
 
I agree, Diane....you ARE strong....even if you don't feel like it right now. All of this takes tremendous energy each day and you're certainly allowed to be tired of it all. I think you are so wise to put as many normal activities into your day as possible. Even if it's difficult to do that, I know it makes a difference in your mental health. Keep rejoicing in the sun rising each day and eventually this will pass. Also.....very important....be sure you're eating well, drinking lots of water and getting rest. And if you feel yourself getting a little blue, give yourself a little hug. That will be from all of your family here on BoneSmart who care about you!!!
 
Diane... From one who has had an unconventional, worrisome, anxiety-laced recovery, trust me -- I feel for you & YOU trump me by a long shot! If I had to endure -- and I mean it in its truest sense -- what you've gone through, I think I'd crawl under the blankets in an ongoing pity-party of isolation. But as low &, I'm guessing, hopeless as you've probably felt, you're still here taking responsibility & doing whatever is necessary to forge ahead in beating that infection & ensuring your recovery. And it's a messy, inconvenient, upsetting, scary ordeal, I know. I'd cry, too, sweetie.

I've been told when in my bluest moods to "be patient... it takes time... You'll get there". Hard to hear when you feel hopeless, slow, & kind of behind the pack. But please remember: This infection has an expiration date... There is an ending... It is not infinite or chronic. Try to put it in perspective just a little & know you've ALREADY gone through some big tests! Hang on a little longer... crying when you need to...but knowing you have the strength to plow on & the support here to help you.

And get some new chairs -- thank God you didn't do any damage except to traumatize yourself! So sorry for that. Remember this goodie: it coulda been far worse. It sure coulda. You're gonna be ok, kiddo. :heehee::yes!:
 
Hi Diane, I just wanted to add you should be proud of how you handled that fall. All on your own- you ARE a survivor. And brave - I would have probably trashed that wound vac myself by now.
Wishing you extremely good luck with the new doc. Very best wishes Gill

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@dianehelen...all of the above....hoping for some better days for you...you deserve it...you're a real trooper!! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Awe,, thanks all. You guys see just the best. So just because,, last night when I got into bed this vac decides to go into noisy freakout mode. I had to sleep(using that word loosely) with my earphones on listening to white noise to drown out the horrible motor boat sound of the evil vac. I'm surprised it didn't fail into a leak alert. But I'll be able to demonstrate to the new wound place what the issue is. Ok having coffee and some greek yogurt, then off to new dr wound. I'll report back later.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the new Dr. will debride the wound and pack it off with out the vac.
Best wishes
 
My experience at the new wound care center. The office was really nice, clean, comfortable. Even the waiting room chairs were wide enough to accommodate my fat butt and my tube coming out of my wound. But the wait time was bad. I waited in the waiting room an hour, damn I hate that. Finally taken into the exam room, waited there another 20 minutes. But then the nurse came in and she was very nice, very compassionate. She saw how anxious and upset I was and really soothed me. She then took apart the dressing, and after telling her how excruciating it was removing the foam, she soaked it with alot of lidocaine and stayed and talked to me until she was able to continue without much pain. She took measurements and pictures, and we discussed the need for some debridement of this one area. She put gauze in the wound and soaked the hell out of it with almost an entire tube of lidocaine and said she would have the doc wait a bit to come do the debridement scraping. So I'm laying on a gurney, facing the wall, with my butt to the door, this is how I met the dr. He comes in was also very nice, chatted a bit, he answered my questions better than the other one, then began this in office debridement surgical procedure. I felt him working, on it, but was not in pain. When he was done, he didn't stay too long, then the nice nurse redid the dressing and he ordered a adjustment to a higher pressure. I told her of all my issues with the vac dressings and leaks. She used something called Eakin seal. So now we see if dressing change person #5 is the charm.

I came home exhausted and now in pain. I called the infectious dr office to see if I could just talk to the dr instead of coming in, I'm really not in the mood for another dr today. I find out he is not even there today, so I just rescheduled him for next week.

The wound place wanted me to come every week, I said no thanks, 2 weeks would be fine.

That was my fun day. Just took 2 Percocet and a zanax, and I'm going to bed.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom