THR 2 weeks post op and miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, what a lot to have to cope with .....everything crossed! Xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Yes my dogs are just the best therapy. I have 2 big furry light color Golden Retrievers and they always know how to make me feel loved in that special non verbal, almost telepathic way. I'm glad to be home. A bit of an annoyance dealing with this 3x a day iv abx, but a small price to pay vs being in the hospital , and the nightmare of more surgery. I'll get used to it I suppose. Evelyn, (home nurse) came and did my dressing change and said the wound is looking very good. So on I go, keep a good thought. I'm walking better, but I guess from compensating after surgery, now my knee on the surgery side is a bit achey and bothersome, hope that improves. Just so glad to be home. Dorothy had it right "There's no place like home"

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
I would say maybe 1/4 tsp, just could not get, to maneuver the needle in the bottle to get that last bit. I hope that's not a problem.
Don't worry about it. As long as you had around 98% of the fluid that will be fine.
 
Oh THANK you so much @Josephine for that reassurance. I did my next dose and still having trouble getting the knack of getting stuff in and out of the bottles and syringe. I think.com error is forgetting to draw the syringe back, to get air in it, to push into the water so it can flow into the syringe. Then what position and angle to get the water into the bottle of the drug to mix. I'll keep trying, sure have many many more times to do it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Here is the surgeon you might consider for a second opinion:

broken link removed: https://doctors.orlandohealth.com/Haidukewych_George-Orthopedics

Orlando Health
1222 S. Orange AVE
5th Floor, MP 43
Orlando, FL 32806
Phone: (407) 649-6878

https://www.orlandohealthdocs.com/leveloneortho/

I know you are really tired of medical "stuff," but any time there is the possibility of infection, I always feel like it's a good idea to get a couple of opinions on the situation. Please do let us know if you decide to see Dr. Haidukewych and how things work out. We always appreciate feedback on specialists.
 
I don't know what another surgeon could/would be able to look at re infection. If anything I'd maybe get other opinions from infectious disease specialists. But thanks for the info, always good to have lots of possible resources.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
I don't know what another surgeon could/would be able to look at re infection
Of course you don't - that's why they are the doctors!

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio
 
Jo's right! These specialists who take on the more difficult "problem" cases are very used to people coming in saying....something just isn't right here! They are good at investigating to find the answers. And....if the answer is the same as your original surgeon's opinion, that's okay too. It just means you're doing "due diligence" in taking charge of your own medical care. But.....if the second opinion were to find something that the first doctor missed....you would be very, very happy that you sought him out for that additional look at your hip.
 
DianeHelen I'm so glad to read you're home again and have good news. I hope to goodness you're on the home straight now after all you've been through. Very best wishes, Gill


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Oh @Jamie, I'm not disagreeing with the possible benefits of 2nd opinions, just maybe differing on which type of dr I would get the most beneficial opinion from. I would think seeing a different infectious dr, would be a better option dealing with an infection than another surgeon. Then there are the limits of which drs are in my ins network. I'm waiting today to find out if my ins will authorize the infectious dri saw at the hospital this time as technically he is not. I do have an appt wed with one that I made weeks ago, after the mess I had with the last infectious dr, and her awful office wait times, and also not being on my ins. Dealing with the whole health care maze is enough to make a person nuts here in the good ole USA

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
I understand, hon. It is a lot on your plate for sure. Just some information for you to consider, though.....most of these specialists revision surgeons are quite used to dealing with the possibility of infection. That is why I feel like an orthopedic surgeon would be better than going directly to an infection doctor. You might get an infection specialists who wasn't experienced in dealing with this type of situation (joint replacement). Chances are really good that this (or any top notch revision specialist) would have dealth with sneaky infections and/or other issues that might be causing your problems.

This is a decision for you to make, though....no pressure from here at all!!!
 
Jamie is right. Revision specialists know all about peri-prosthetic infections while infection specialists know little about joint replacements. I worked with a hip surgeon who specialised in infected hips as far back as 1975 and he was actually the first one who ever did. It's a subspeciality in joint replacement surgery.
 
Thanks for that information and clarification. I'll keep it all in mind. For now tho, just gonna stay the course, get thru this 6 weeks of iv merrem and see how it goes. I've gotten the hang of doing the 3x a day iv push. I am getting around a bit better but still have like a tightness/stiffnes kind of pain in my rear gluteal area when walking. @Josephine or anyone, does this seem normal,ok, at 11 weeks out from original THR, and 8 weeks out from deep wash out infection surgery that resulted in this dammn wound vac? It's not excruciating, but is annoying .

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
does this seem normal,ok, at 11 weeks out from original THR, and 8 weeks out from deep wash out infection surgery that resulted in this dammn wound vac?
If by 'normal' you mean are there any red flags of something sinister going on, no there are not! It's all pretty much to be expected.
 
Ok thanks for the reassurance @Josephine. I.know we are all different and I've had added issues, but I read some of these posts about people walking miles, biking,, etc after just a short time, and here I am almost 3 months out and still have this pain, and don't feel anywhere close to back to normal. I know, I know, I need to be patient. ;-), trying, really

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
The tightness / stiffness goes on for some considerable time @dianehelen .... I'm 8 months post op and still sometimes the glute area is stiff and I've had a fairly easy recovery to what you have been through...... You've had 2 surgeries on that hip and I expect that extends the healing time..... Hope it gets better for you soon... Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks Chrissie always good to hear that what I'm experiencing , others have as well.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom