THR 2 weeks post op and miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in a lot of pain from this deep surgery and have developed some new deep muscle like pain in my left thigh front (surgery side) that the Dr doesn't know what that is from
Well, let me see .... he's opened up your hip, routed around in there with swabs and scalpels, used a medical version of a power washer and probably about 6 litres of saline, poked around in all the corners and crevices to make sure he's not missed anything and .... he doesn't know where your pain is coming from? Is he for real?

It will seem like a totally unending period of time to be attached to that pump but just keep in mind that they do work brilliantly! It will be well worth it.

PS I do hope you are taking your pain meds properly again!
 
I was so stressed over the vound vac dressing change, I took 2 vicodin and 2.mg xanax in anticipation. But to my surprise it was but near as bad as my mind concocted it to be. Hooe to go home today, not happy to have to deal with this machine by everybody says his great they are, so I guess I'll just deal. Yes pain meds r o und the clock. Back to Percocet when home

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
I'm home! me and my ticking wound vac pump, waiting for delivery of my Cifepime hydrochloride. good to be home, hope I can deal with this machine on me 24/7. but for now nice to be home. hope I stay a while and don't have to see that hospital again. Wonderful nursing care, horrid food, poorly designed room.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
You'll get used to it. Imagine people who have to learn to sleep with a CPAP!
 
Great news you are home and can get on with your recovery.... Do hope it's plain sailing from now on!!! Xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Josephine ;-), I sleep with a c-pap 3 feet away from me, on my husband, have for years, I sleep with earplugs most nights. So I lived thru, and slept ok.my first night home. A but more of a process to get up in the morning with this machine but such is life, just glad to be out of that hospital. They tell me I need to push eating protein to help the healing, so sending hubby shopping for as much greek yougrt as he can carry. I'm not a huge meat eater, but I can consume lots of greek yougurt, love it. Saw home nurse today, very nice, very experienced. She will manage wound care, port care. Showed hubby how to give my 2x a day AB, hope he does ok.
 
Well, isn't that a coincidence! And there was me wondering if you'd know what that is! :snork:

why not try the Danone probiotic drink? I have one with breakfast every day to give me some protein with my cereal (TTD) and feel great!
 
Question. Another new twist in this fun, ughh. The home nurse says not to shower for the duration of the iv mediport antibiotics and wound vac as getting any water in either could be problematic. Ughh, so no shower, very.minimum of 3 weeks? Any suggestions for dry shampoo and some kind of body wash/wipes?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
 
Playtex has personal wipes, they are found in the feminine care aisle. That was the first ones that came to mind. Also Walgreens has Batiste dry shampoo, it comes is several different scents like blush, cherry and coconut. Hope this helps.
 
Hi Diane...I am so sorry you are having so much discomfort. I had my THR on Nov. 25, and within a week had 'fired' my in home phys. therapist. I was in so much pain, but the new therapist was so much easier to work with. I became quite vocal about the pain and she backed off or modified exercises so I could do them more comfortably.

I think I was on pain pills until just before I went back to work Jan 20. I tried something called Power Pudding for the constipation. After stool softeners were not doing the trick, the power pudding was just the ticket: 1 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup prune juice, 2 tablespoons wheat bran. This makes one serving. I would have a serving in the morning and one in the evening, and after a couple of days was finally going again. After 8 days, I felt so miserable and was so happy to finally get some relief.

I was depressed and in so much pain and could not see how anyone could recover so easily from such a surgery. Each week there seemed to be a new pain. Bone crushing muscle spasms, deep down bone pain when I put too much weight on the leg, and my emotions were all over the place.

This week has been the best week I have had, pain-wise. (I have the shingles now, but my hip doesn't hurt). It is a slow process, and it has only been this week that I can honesty say I am glad I had this done. This is the best place to come for great support and reassurance as we all have been there. Hang in there...it truly does get better.
 
Diane, I Googled "adult bath wipes" & some helpful links came up that could be just what you're looking for... Check it out!! The Playtex personal cloths are nice for freshening up "there", but are fairly small. I use them a lot, but I think you might want something for more general use that is more substantial.

Ellen
 
@shrinkette Thanks Ellen, I didn't have any personal experience with them the Playtex but had heard about them. Also so glad all seems to be looking up for you!!
 
Any suggestions for dry shampoo
There's a broken link removed: https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/disability-elderly-aid/1113/no_rinse_shampoo_cap.html in here Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home - post #8
she backed off or modified exercises so I could do them more comfortably.
hips don't need formal exercises - just walking.
I tried something called Power Pudding for the constipation
That's in here Constipation and stool softeners along with many others!
 
My sister couldn't shower for 6 weeks...but she put her head over the sink and used a jug to wash her hair .....and then had a stripped wash....probably better than wet wipes....baby ones are good though to freshen up!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks guys. I ordered some stuff from Amazon that had great reviews, both bath wipes and shampoo caps. That should help.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom