2 weeks left to chicken out.. my random thoughts

I don't get the "sleep on your back" BUT "keep your heels off the bed" ?
I think some of these sound like overkill but it's hard to dismiss your surgeons advice.
Many of us have used recliners and / or lift recliners. I loved mine!
Once you're home and comfy, cozy and begin to get bored :yawn:
We'll tell you where it's safe to cheat :wink:
I DID NOT JUST SAY THAT :mute: You're hearing things :heehee:
@Mascaramom
 
As others are telling you, fairly conservative approach, and some of the stuff you won’t be able to do (like squat). And @Layla, no one on hear would give advice to cheat. Might share alternative paths for recovery, but not cheat.

You will do fine @Mascaramom. Just breathe.
 
Wait, what @Layla??? Did you say something? I must be hearing things :heehee:
I guess I'm just supposed to LEVITATE myself to rest.

@MammaT.... breathing...... I'm really trying..... today was tough:scaredycat:.
I tried to distract myself by planning my daughter's bday party


Top Chef Jr. (Based on the tv show/Cooking contest) will be these theme. With a TACO BAR!!! Shes going to LOVE it!
 
Last edited:
I didn't need help bathing @sequin98
But I will admit I did have hubby within ear shot for the first couple of showers. I felt
a tad unstable / wobbly. I even took my walker into the shower, talk about a fraidy cat :heehee:
First couple showers....in dressing afterward, I threw my undies on the ground maneuvered my foot into leg openings and have hubby yank one side up to my knee so I could grab it. That was before my GRABBER.
My favorite post op tool hands down! If alone you have to have a grabber or dressing stick. I didn't realize the benefits of the grabber right away. Then quickly purchased one.
 
There's a long handled razor on this list as well as a grabber on this Recovery Aids thread. The link even has links to Amazon where you can purchase these tools. Big hint - you need at least 2 grabbers - I had 3.
 
Hi @Mascaramom
I'm happy to hear you're staying busy and haven't cried today!

You need the grabber to pick up the cane when you drop it :rotfl: Not really....but really!
At least I tried to use it for that once.
Used it to pull the walker to me that hubby had placed just a tad too far out of reach.
Used it to unfasten the nuisance inflatable DVT cuffs I wore for a time.

I had a little Command Central set up next to my recliner in the living room,
Cell phone, iPad, books / magazines, tv remote, water bottle, maybe a snack, exercise print outs, tissues, discharge instructions, LIP BALM (make sure you have some!) stuff like that piled on and end table. I was never so clumsy as I was post op. Constantly dropping stuff! That grabber was invaluable. So much that one day when I didn't want to get up I was wishing I had a grabber, to grab the grabber that I forgot to have hubby put near me before he left for several hours one day.
Because I had the dumb DVT cuffs, some docs recommend, others don't.....if hubby just hooked me up and was leaving for a few hours, I didn't want to undo them because I couldn't re-do them myself...at my ankles! I also used my grabber often to get clothes out of my wash machine, which is deep and was hard for me to reach the bottom of newly post op. It's a must....most will agree. I didn't have one of those razors but wish I would have.
Hope your day continues to be good!
 
Ack. I was told today that I have to stop shaving from now until after my surgery. I am going to go crazy with this rule. Why oh why are there so many rules?
 
Thanks @Jaycey ! Man where has this been my whole life. Hip pain or not, that razor handle looks awesome. Lolol

@sequin98 don't say that too loud, with the things I've seen lately, your liable to start a trend....

@Layla ..... Ok.... check.... I have ordered 37 grabbers and will stash them systematically around my house.... Lol
What is this DVT cuff??

@AgilityDog It is coming along very well thank you so much for asking!
I found a great cafe that does THEMED parties!

We are doing a "Top Chef Jr." Party!
With a TACO BAR and The kids will be decorating their own cupcakes.

I sent out the invitations today titled
"Let's TACO 'BOUT MARLI'S BIRTHDAY"

Followed by all of the location details, of course. I don't know if you have ever seen the TV Show, Top Chef? There will be 3 teams of 5 children. The judges will give each team a basket of ingredients and give them a challenge. (Maybe a "salsa" of some sort?) At the end the chef will tell them what they liked of each creation, And a winning team will be chosen. Then they have free range of a taco bar.
Lots of fun and games tucked in...

I TRULY hope I can be there.

As for my nerves.... I think I spent about 4 hours today tweaking minor details on her birthday invitation. Completely unnecessary but I knew if I lost focus I would lose control of my emotions.
The fear is setting back in....
:shocked::shocked::shocked:
 
Back
Top Bottom