2 weeks left to chicken out.. my random thoughts

It is almost time for bed, isn't it @Mascaramom ? Some quiet time. :bath: That reminds me.... If I want a soak in the tub or a dip in the ocean, I better do it tomorrow.....or be very very patient. ( Think Elmer Fudd....vewee vewee ):bored:
 
To say today FLEW by, would be an understatement. @Layla Opening Day festivities were a great distraction. Whenever I think of surgery it literally takes my breath away. I feel like it's all a crazy dream sometimes.

The kiddos are asleep but the puppy has caught a second wind.... OY VEY!!! I'm exhausted. It's midnight here and my kids will be awake at 6:30 as usual! :alarm:

@AgilityDog yes! i vote for a swim!!! Enjoy it while you can.
 
Not much longer @Mascaramom. I’m sure you will be busy with taking care of kids and final prep. Just a couple of more days of the anxiety.
 
I'm definitely paying for my activities yesterday....
I'm sore.... ok. In pain
I'm terrified.... of everything. What if there are complications?
I'm nauseous....
I'm weepy....
I'm a mess

I'm a brave person. No one would ever describe me the way I'm feeling right now. . That in itself scares me...

I've had 2 c sections...
I remember the pain of recovery. .
I'm not afraid of recovery
There's DRUGS for that..

I'm afraid I'll be a statistic...I won't survive it.... I can't believe I just said it out loud....

I believe your life goes where your thoughts flow..... I've been desperate not to think these thoughts.

Sorry guys, I'm having a bad day.....
 
Last edited:
I'm afraid I'll be a statistic.....
You will be a statistic - amongst the millions of happy new hippies getting their life back. The statistics are so much in your favour my friend. You are young and have a whole lot of living to do. Tomorrow is the beginning of getting your life back.
 
Oh dear @Mascaramom- everyone gets those feelings. Now that you’ve written them down, can’t you see you are bigger than they are? You can change them, edit, erase them now that they aren’t that big monster you are keeping locked up inside.

I don’t know about you, but the last couple of weeks before I gave birth I had similar thoughts. What if something went wrong? What if the baby had a problem? What if I totally sucked at being a mother? But in the end, I was so tired and miserable I just wanted child birth over with. It all went well and I found out I could handle anything parenting threw at me.

You are tired, you are in pain, and you want it over with. Just like with our kids, we figure this recovery thing out.

I’ve been doing some things around the house that I had been putting off because I knew it would aggravate my hip, and I was right. Lots of pain right now. Resting so I can finish a few more things that will ease my mind having done. Tomorrow at this time I am in my room at surgery center seeing what this recovery looks like.

We’ve got this!:console2:
 
@Mascaramom you have had 2 c sections? Well after them you had to take care of a baby! No rest for you my friend and you would have been awake and felt the tugging and pulling yuk!!! This op will be a Walk in the park compared to that! No baby to care for, just YOU being cared for. You will be asleep through the whole procedure then wakey wakey the start of the rest of your life. You have got this, you have us who have all been through it and I am having the second one done soon so it can't be that bad!! Sweet dreans
 
Aww, sweetie. It's going to be alright, really it is!
We've all been there to one degree, or another and can certainly relate.
I'm sorry you're suffering all of those unpleasant symptoms, which are all anxiety related.

Your life is NOT going to go where your thoughts are flowing. I had my own set of fears of which NONE
materialized. It's normal to have fears. Especially of the unknown. You have to try to figure out a way to
shut them down, to squeeze them out. Don't let them take over. If you're a praying person, pray....even if it's from minute to minute. Pray for peace of mind, healthy distractions, strength and a feeling of tranquility. I'll be praying those things for you....I promise.

I received some sound advice the night before my surgery. I was reminded that while the next day was going to be HUGE for me, it was just another day at the office for my surgeon and his team to do what they've trained to do. No one is indifferent, your surgery team wants the best possible outcome just as much as you do. Think of all the THR's that take place throughout the world daily and realize there are way more success stories than failures. The odds weigh heavily in your favor. The amount that you worry about something has absolutely zero to do with actual probability of something bad happening. Try not to entertain negative thoughts.

You may be surprised and find you barely need drugs. I took 4 Oxy post op and I was done. I continued to use Tylenol which worked fine as a pain reliever for me. I realize we are all different, but you are young, strong and healthy and I'm sure will do very well. I'll bet you surprise yourself. A week from now you'll most likely be getting the hang of recovery and seeing the light in the distance. Recovery does move way more quickly than you'd imagine.

Now....getting you to Tuesday....If you are well prepared at home for recovery, consider finding people to talk to or spend time with tomorrow so you're not alone. Being alone / idle will allow your mind to continually go to the "bad place". It may take a little efffort but try to push yourself to engage with others tomorrow.

Know that we're here, stop by often if you feel the need. The light never goes out here, nor are you ever alone here.

Just B-R-E-A-T-H-E and tell yourself its all going to be good. Grab on to that sentiment....hold it tight and BELIEVE it! You have a loving husband and two young kids who need you. You've got this, sweetie.
Praying for your comfort and peace of mind. Sending lots of love and hugs :loveshwr: :console2:
 
I can't say it any better than others already have. We're here for you and you're going to come through this and look back and realize it was just typical surgery nerves. When you had c-sections, you knew the baby had to come out and that made it easier to contemplate. Now just remember that the horrid hip also has to come out and that will also make your life better!:console2::flwrysmile:
 
Hugs. You’re not alone in this. I’ve been having the same feelings today. Wondering if I really and truly need this hip replaced. Hugs
 
I don't think you're alone in those feelings @hipster333 I'll bet we all can relate.
I think that thought runs through all of our minds in the days and hours before surgery.
It's probably our way of looking for an escape clause, last minute.
Can't imagine anyone joyously running into surgery. We do it because we're in pain
and want life back as we once knew it. Come Tuesday, It will be your present to yourself and your family.
 
@Mascaramom just know please that everything will be good you have positive thoughts from around the world going out to you. Believe me everything you are feeling now is so normal . :SUNsmile:
 
@Jaycey Thats a wonderful way to help me turn my thoughts around. Thank you. That literally helped me exhale, I can breathe again...


Now that you’ve written them down, can’t you see you are bigger than they are? You can change them, edit, erase them now that they aren’t that big monster you are keeping locked up inside
Omg YES! You're so right. It feels less intimidating now that I've said it.....
The amount that you worry about something has absolutely zero to do with actual probability of something bad happening. Try not to entertain negative thoughts.
Why is this so hard to accept. The mind is so powerful. Thank you for your prayers.

Now just remember that the horrid hip also has to come out and that will also make your life better!:console2::flwrysmile:
Thats a GREAT way to look at this. Thank you



Wondering if I really and truly need this hip replaced.

Sigh...... We do need it...... We DO! WE CAN NOT CHICKEN OUT!

@midschool THANK YOU for sharing that positivity


@mcopt for some reason.... I believe you ;)


THANK YOU ALL FOR HOLDING MY HAND :sos:
 
Best wishes for tomorrow. Being afraid is normal but courage is going forward instead of giving into our fears, not the absence of fear. You can do this.

I’ve had a csection and a hip replacement. A csection is so much worse as in pain than hip surgery. I promise.

Can’t wait to hear a glowing report from you!!
 
@Layla and @Mascaramom you’re right we do need it and I’m not chickening out. :) I’ve waited too long for this to give up now. @midschool that’s so encouraging for us that you were back to normal in three weeks!
 
Back
Top Bottom