THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

@1stSurgery The game is intense.
Red Sox have pulled ahead again!

I sometimes forget the crutch too, but def still tight and sore on that side. I’m pretty much sleeping through the night. I keep remembering that with hip one I could walk unaided at 6 weeks ...
 
That's great @lovesstars! So it was the next best thing to being there! Digital era weddings are so much better.
`````
Sorry but the grown men in the red stockings just ran around in a bunch of circles and that made 50,000 cold people scream really loudly. And I'm sure @EL11 was screaming too.
 
@1stSurgery The game is intense.
Red Sox have pulled ahead again!

I sometimes forget the crutch too, but def still tight and sore on that side. I’m pretty much sleeping through the night. I keep remembering that with hip one I could walk unaided at 6 weeks ...
Like me, ya gotta fuggetabout Hip #1! Hip 2 is a new life with its own DNA. As bad as my Hip 2 was to begin with I'd say her progress this week was far more dramatic than anything boring Hip 1 did. :)

What a game.... (shhh @lovesstars is here and she does not like sports)
 
It isn’t that I don’t like sports, it’s that I am not passionate about them.
I’ll just wait here quietly, watching God Friended Me, :scary:behind the door.
 
Like me, ya gotta fuggetabout Hip #1! Hip 2 is a new life with its own DNA. As bad as my Hip 2 was to begin with I'd say her progress this week was far more dramatic than anything boring Hip 1 did. :)

I know, I know! OK I'm confused, are you on a walker? Why was I thinking cane?

It's nice to be in a real bed again. I'm amazed at how well I've been able to sleep on the couch, which is too soft and too low, but there's always this point when I'd get tired of having my legs up, fling the wedge pillow away, and grope around for a regular pillow to put between my legs and attempt a side sleep without falling off the sliver of real estate a couch gives you.
 
A Duh moment I just learned while icing. Those little Velcro straps actually do make the ice pad colder on the leg. I used both just now - now that I'm back in leggings again - one at thigh, one near knee. So those of you with the Ossur, use the Velcro straps!!

And @EL11 I am on both cane and Walker at the moment. Do a few walks a day, one on Walker one on cane. And I also walk freely alone a little bit, sometimes by mistake when I've forgotten. For nighttime bathroom runs I'm on the Walker with the headlights!! :heehee: And cane on the stairs still.
 
A Duh moment I just learned while icing. Those little Velcro straps actually do make the ice pad colder on the leg. I used both just now - now that I'm back in leggings again - one at thigh, one near knee. So those of you with the Ossur, use the Velcro straps!!

And @EL11 I am on both cane and Walker at the moment. Do a few walks a day, one on Walker one on cane. And I also walk freely alone a little bit, sometimes by mistake when I've forgotten. For nighttime bathroom runs I'm on the Walker with the headlights!! :heehee: And cane on the stairs still.

OK, got it!

I'm jealous at not having the ice machine. I guess now it's too late to bother ...
 
@1stSurgery which Ossur pad do you use, the hip or universal? I just use the big velcro strap. In the recliner I never used the smaller strap, as it seems the leg bits just stay put!

You gals seemed to enjoy the game...did the Red Sox win?!
 
Yes @Alitm, the grown men in red stockings won! Was a very exciting game!

I used both straps and was really pleased with the extra cooling. Before I just laid the pad on the leg -- I have the hip pad. My girlfriend brought me dinner tonight since hubby is off working and I asked her to bring me a glass of wine from the kitchen since I'm on the cane... She doesn't drink wine.... so she poured me an entire (very large) wine tumbler filled to the top with wine!! About 3-4 glasses worth! I'm kind of loopy now.
:wave:
 
Hope you had a good Stork @SurreyGirl!

We've turned into "Auntie Em! Auntie Em!" here with crazy winds blowing everything sideways in the air. They say it's the strongest Santa Ana winds ...power outages around but we are still good. I keep waiting to see patio chairs fly by ..but I kind of odic'd last night so not eager to go out and move furniture in the winds. Was doing some work at home and had to walk here and there and bend and lift around the house, just overdid it enough to get some sharp shooting pains in both quads. No worries, they are very fast, short term jolts, but I'm mad I kept trying to get things done "bareback", with no assisting devices! Icing and working from bed while watching Toto fly by outside!! Auntie Em!! Auntie Em!! :yikes: Let me in the cellar!!!
 
Wow! I remember those Santa Ana winds ...

I fear a power outage here in Worcester less than any other place I've lived in the last 20 years, but as of today we now have a whole-house generator. Wow. How well I remember living on Orcas Island, that awful sound when the power goes out, you wake up and the bedside clock is dark and you know someone (meaning my then-husband) is going to have to go to the garage, fire up the portable generator and feed a cord through the window so we can have coffee.

I think I'll hop over to my thread with details of the rest of my exciting day ;).
 
I LOVE the Santa Ana's -but these were a bit over the top! Best result is that the views to the city tonight are clear as a bell.

I appear to be under the spell of yet another heavy fatigue attack, :yawn: so signing off for now! :sleep:

Sweet dreams to hippys!
 
I LOVE the Santa Ana's -but these were a bit over the top! Best result is that the views to the city tonight are clear as a bell.

I appear to be under the spell of yet another heavy fatigue attack, :yawn: so signing off for now! :sleep:

Sweet dreams to hippys!
Sweet dreams! I need to sleep ...
 
Back
Top Bottom