Guest viewing is limited

THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

@1stSurgery
Just catching up and so good to hear you are sounding so well!
Getting good consecutive hours of sleep is the best!:sleep:
Didn't happen for me for four or five months:sigh:
Some due to getting comfortable, some anxiety about side sleeping, and then I guess my circadian rhythm had to be screwy by this point.
Hope you have a good day.
Onward, double hippy:chuckmarch:
 
Thanks @Mojo333 I. Can't complain (well maybe I can find a way from time to time!). But this past week or so has been very encouraging. I do have a big peg leg gait still when off devices but keep consciously working on that and striding forward. Biggest thing was geting out of that horrible pain syndrome and with icing around the clock and steroid addition, I was surprised how fast it subsided!

It's a long journey to be a double hippy in any case. But we'll worth it!!

Thanks so much for your cheering and the rest of the squad. Very appreciated!!
 
For the record, walking off cane now half the time or more. :) Pain seems to be more of a memory now, there is still occasional stiffness-- and then those amusing shooting pains in the thigh that feel like a small rocket has lifted off inside the leg and then quickly disappears again.

The right foot feels like it is screwed on at a slightly different angle but nothing dramatic and I assume I'll adjust and that ankle where the Hulk grabbed the leg is still a bit tender and slightly swollen. But all in all, this hip has started to really show its good side I'm happy to report!! Dinner out tonight will be a fun test...
 
:wave: @1stSurgery Stopping by to check in and see how you are doing. Sounds like that awful pain is definitely a thing of the past, although you are having those crazy zip zaps from time to time. The Hulk doesn't like to let us forget he has messed with our leg. When I'm tired I still get a bit sore on that one spot on my outer lower calf, where I'm convinced I'll have a lingering Hulk memory print!
Hope you had a wonderful evening out :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks @Alitm, nice to see you -- I feel so bad for you with hubbys hernia and barn chore needs and all. I hope somehow that the timing between the two of your surgeries will work out in best way possible.

I have that same outside calf pain, super tender to touch just below knee? Think it's the fibularis longus or something if I recall. But I find those pains to be tolerable now, maybe after enduring such awful OA in for so long we build up a higher threshold.
Really hope you find some angel :angel: or multiple angels :angel::angel::angel: to help out during your multiple recoveries! And make sure when you're being discharged and still in a woozy dizzy state, that they explain your day one etc meds schedule to whomever will be bringing you home. No one said a thing to me or hubby this last time, just handed him a bag of pills and let us go. I hadn't slept in 3 nights and was still groggy from meds, so never thought about the white bag on the dresser! Hubby was getting everything set up and meals and didn't think about it either. Big mistake!
:bignono:
 
More good news from the double new hip farm! Last nights outing to a real restaurant for a real dinner was successful! It's actually a favorite place of ours, a busy gastro pub, with atmosphere and an amazing young creative woman chef who invents succulent flavor combos. But my bone mending crew were calling for some traditional fare ....so we had rib eye, with mashed potatoes and the most delicious crispy Brussel sprouts. And a Jack Daniels flourless dark chocolate cake for dessert! And adult beverages!! Took my cane, didn't need it, took my seat cushion, and it really helped. I sat for hours without getting pained or needing to fidget or stand up. About 2 hrs in ...I stood and stretched awhile, but walked out not using cane, and the best part...got into the car like a normalish person, swinging legs in with no hands or tools or special backing in techniques. Just got in the car like I used to. Hubby was surprised to see that and wondered if the rum drink maybe played a role. It is an SUV so much easier entry than my car.

Nothing but good news from here on hip #2. It's still tight and very stiff when I wake up but manages to soften after movement loosens it up. And the right knee still doesn't want to lift up much as in heel slide position while reclined, that still hurts. All in all... Very happy hippy here!
:happydance::cheers::loveshwr:
 
Indeed. How remiss of your OS.

I recommend Gosling's overproof Black Label and ginger beer with extra muddled fresh ginger Ie, a "Dark and Stormy"… Haven't had one for a while..
 
I remember having a G & T every now when we were out for dinner pre-op, and they certainly helped grease the wheels...LOL!! So glad the rum was enjoyed :wink:

Yep...THE spot on the calf is on the outside at the widest point of the calf

I'm going over my meds with OS at my six week check up on Oct 29th. No more trying to sort all that out with the brain fog from surgery and already on board pain meds. I am wondering if they put "as needed" on the labels as no one wants to commit to regular dosage, lest they be accused of promoting dependence? I need to get something else to replace the Dilaudid. I'll used Josephine's wonderful schedule for the Tramacet, if the OS isn't forthcoming! I have a plan!

Praying for best possible timing for the two surgeries! I still haven't figured out what will be optimal!!
 
@Alitm you might want to ask about the 3 day Toradol regime as well. The NFL drug of choice per @JoeKnows and... Joe knows! It really helped me but, on day 4, unfortunately, the incredible hulk's work raised its ugly head, not a femoral head, and started a new round of pain. Also the 2 mg dexamethasone (sp?) was a lifesaver from that very same Hulk pain (autocorrect wanted to say "Hula pain"... An entirely different thing) Good idea to get it all settled beforehand though when we are more cogent!
 
Happy One Month Anniversary on Righty!
I hope things are still on an upward trajectory for you.
You've been quiet, hoping all is well since you last posted. We worry about our peeps...:friends:
Wishing you a beautiful Sunday in sunny Cali :SUNsmile:
@1stSurgery
 
Aww, thank you @Layla, that's so characteristically thoughtful of you, as you always are! I didn't even know it was my one month hipversary! (...It took righty a full month to calm herself down) :)

Not to worry, doing very well, but just landed in a tsunami of work activity that I knew was in the wings and had been secretly nervous I might not be up to doing so soon. Been going full speed for several days - day and night- and aside from some tenderness and AM stiffness, surprised at how relatively uneventful it has been, hip-wise, even after working all day with no cane. Lots of bedtime icing, but solid leaps of progress since even last week. I'd been concerned about having enough stamina reserves and how I'd hold up... and I'm so relieved to find those fears were mostly unwarranted. it's going very well! I think, in all my zeal for caution, I'd somewhat underestimated just how much healing had actually taken place. Body can surprise us sometimes when it's time to meet a head on challenge. I can't say I visited the ODIC lobby either, because, so far ...no war wounds to report! It is so freeing to rediscover the first signs of mobility again after being out of commission for so long.... like your grocery store moment, @Layla! It's an "Ahhh!!" thing.

Otherwise, I think @Bone-obo said it once, when he'd stopped posting for awhile, that he felt posting his day to day reports at that stage might just make for some pretty dull reading! Think I'm kind of there now as well - and I'm not sure anything I might contribute at this point could ultimately be of use or helpful ... kind of like that guest who stayed too long at the party, eating the last hors d'oeuvres. My avatar status now reads "graduate" - which sort of sums up how I feel. Without the cap and gown... Hey - Where's my BoneSmart diploma??

For the time being, I'll be wrapped up in work projects and back to the ever churning wheels. I will come check in when I can too. There's still a ways to go before I could be accused of walking purty or being fully recovered...but for now at least, I'm back on the road, chalking up some early mileage on the new titanium twins!

But I wanted to say, again, I'm so profoundly thankful to you @Layla & @Mojo333 and all the other mods and hippys here in BoneSmart world who so graciously helped and guided me through to healing the twin hips, through some breezy passages and some wicked rocky roads as well. Through the tears and fears, the bloomers and countdowns, the corkscrew and horse impressions, the Incredinle Hulk, and strategic pillow placements.

24/7 - I was never alone.

What a source of comfort, compassion and community this cyber recovery Inn has been for nearly 5 long months. We (me and the twins) couldn't have done it without all youz guyz.
:roseshwr:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

May you all turn fortuitous corners of healing just ahead!

:wave::loveshwr: :cheers:

#testimonials
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery


Congratulations.:roseshwr:
please do come back now and again so we know how you are doing.:friends:
 
Thank you for your sweet words. You're a dear who's thoughtful and kind!
We're happy you've had a good experience here.
I've enjoyed your company and quick wit. You've been a great lifter of spirits and supporter of others.
While we'll miss your more frequent posts, it's understandable as getting back to life is what we're aiming for here. Please don't be a stranger, we'd love to follow your continued progress.
Sending a hug and warm wishes for a great week!
@1stSurgery
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom