THR 18 months and still in pain

Oops:heehee:you did it again.

Don't hit the quote feature, just go down and type.

Hope you are hanging in there.
Are you taking any regular medication for pain?
When will you go back to doctor?

Sure hope today is a better day!:ok:
 
So glad you got an appointment to see what can be done to get some relief.
Hope you will let us know..
:friends:
 
Good news! Hopefully one step closer to finding relief.
Please let us know how it goes.
Hope your week feels full of promise!
@Belladonna
 
We went to an orthopedic surgeon at Sinai regarding the ongoing pain and problems with my 2016 hip surgery.
This is what he said
It is a problem with the iliopsoas tendon. He will use a scope and simply release it. The second surgery involves the bursa on the side of my hip. He has to enter the area and totally remove the bursa. Sometimes they can do it with a scope but if there is too much scar tissue he would have to make a 3 inch incision. That means crutches for about 3 weeks and no driving.
 
:hi:I know another surgery is not something you would wish for, but for all the discomfort you've described, so happy they will get this done.
Not much of a scar ...
Really glad you got answers and will be pain-free work that pesky hip.
:yes!:
 
@Belladonna
They rescheduled my injection because of uti. I go 5/29 and it will be in the tendon. I also don't want to do this anymore. I started back on treadmill 3x a week. My pain is bad after sitting and leg raise from laying down. Never a day without aches. I still feel better than pre hips. All this costing so much with my deductible. So hopefully injection will help. Hang in there your not alone
 
I'm truly sorry you have to go through this @Belladonna.
It's not what any of us would want for ourselves.
It's easy for me to say because I'm not experiencing this but hopefully an additional surgery will be a small price to pay (crutches and no driving for 3 weeks) to lose the pain and move forward in life.
This has been a long journey and hopefully it's about to end. You know you have us for support, encouragement and to offer up prayer. We're here for you. Wishing you peace and comfort as you wait.

Do you have a date for the procedure? Please leave it if you do so we can add it to your signature.
 
Hi Belladonna,
The Quote feature is at the very bottom of the post. Look above in my last post and at the bottom right
do you see little boxes that denote such things as - Quote - Quote This Message - Bookmark?

You are hitting the "Quote" option when responding to people and It's unnessary, sweetie.
If you want someone to see that you're responding to them just tag them like this @Belladonna and begin typing your message to them. They will look back up at their last post to you if they're not understanding your response.
 
Belladonna, this visual may help you see what Layla has described for you. The "quote feature" is what I've circled in red. It's a button that lets you automatically insert the quote of someone else's post into your reply. You use this only when you are replying to a post that is maybe on a previous page or in you feel it needs to be there in order for your comments to make sense.

What you want to do for most of your replies is not use the quote feature but instead scroll down to the area I've circled in blue. This is the reply box and it's where you just type your response (no quote needed).

[Bonesmart.org] 18 months and still in pain
 
@Sunnyhippy it’s exhausting! My injection was diagnostic as well as pain relief. I was so happy for a while. This doctor yesterday was the only one who validated what I was thinking! He said, “two years is ridiculous.” Surgery is next Wednesday
 
I use my phone. I don’t see any of the features you describe or have described

I hit a button under their post that says reply
 
:what:This is how it looks on my phone..see under the signature is where the features appear on mine. Then it says write your reply...
I'm going through a browser and not bonesmart app
Don't know how it looks on yours.
Glad you will get your surgery done next week and get some relief!

[Bonesmart.org] 18 months and still in pain
 
@Belladonna, does your phone screen look like what MoJo posted above? If so, you don't click on any buttons. You go to the block where it says "Write your reply" and just type. If what you're seeing doesn't look like this can you send us a screen shot?
 
@Belladonna
Wow surgery to remove bursa that sounds scary. My Dr did mention key hole surgery of this does not work. Has anyone else have this done. I am sending you prayers. Its exhausting. I even wonder what would happen if I leave it be if shot doesn't work. Will the tendon snap? Keep us posted
 
Don't use any buttons. Just start typing in the box there, where it says "Write your reply."
 
@Belladonna
It seems so weird to say I'm happy you're having surgery next week...
But we all know that means a good thing if it relieves your constant pain.
Happy for you - praying all goes well.
 
@Sunnyhippy He said it’s kind of cool he uses an instrumentals it just releases. Today I had another surgery. I had a cyst in my uterus size of a medium sized mans pinky. The surgery was 45 minutes. They had me in stirrups so when I woke up my hips hurt so bad



@Celle so if I type in the box on the bottom, do I press reply when I am done typing? If I am answering you. Do I type at Celle?

@mojo my phone screen does not have all those options
 
You press "Post Reply" at the bottom, right, of that box.
 
Back
Top Bottom