THR 18 months and still in pain

I respect your decision. I think we often have to be our own advocates and make the choices right for us. I hope you are able to find some relief from your pain and discomfort in another way. Sending happy positive vibes your way :yes!::flwrysmile::loveshwr:
 
@Sunnyhippy
I have been on this journey for two years I am simply done. No more doctors, no more PA. no more x rays, CT scans, MRIS’s, Bone Scans, pharmacies, Chiropractors, 4 types of OTS!! !!! I bid you goodbye again
 
Best of luck.
 
Yes Larry it helped a lot. Gave me hope. How did you find the soft tissue guy? I think removing my bursa will cause more problems for me
 
Wishing you well. I do hope you will stop by from time to time and let us know how you are doing.
 
Hello Belloadonna,

I thought I would update you. I did get a little better but it seems I am back to wear I was. The pain is basically upper glute and lateral down by hip. Weight bearing triggers the pain. As stated before the psoas pain is triggered from the glute medius not functioning properly. I am going back to the ortho this week. I am 100 percent convinced the glute medius is not working properly. It's either completely torn or maybe just full of scar tissue.

I am 46 and have been battling these hip issues almost 10 years I really get how your are feeling about seeing so many orthos, pt, etc. Its like one thing after the other.

Keep you posted.

Larry
 
@larry 10 years. They make it sound like a cake walk and it’s not. Yes

Hi Larry,
10 years!!!! I feel I have nothing to complain about compared to you. It is so hard to keep your chin up as they say. Chronic pain starts to take over your life doesn’t it?
Will pray for an answer fir both of us
 
I still have pain if I am in one position too long. Weight bearing can be painful at times but I need a break. If I see one more waiting room I think I will go insane.
 
Going to see the ortho tomorrow. Keep you posted on what he says.

Thanks,

Larry
 
Just checking in, Belladonna
Wondering how you're doing? Is your pain intermittent, allowing you some
relief now and again? I hope so. I understand wanting a break, I'd probably
feel the same but chronic pain has to be exhausting.
Wishing you some pain free time this weekend.
@Belladonna
 
Thanks. Sad news is the great hip I had done in January is starting to give me problems. If I stand in it too long then I try to go walk I scream out loud from the pain and afraid to take another step!

I have one Monday too

@larry. I have an appointment on Monday too!
 
I'm sorry to hear that, Belladonna. I can only hope it gets better.
You can't have them both giving you difficulties.....then what?
I truly understand you want a break from it all but please don't
let anything that should be addressed get too out of control.
Prayers for answers and healing.
@Belladonna
 
I feel like a soap opera that never ends. I saw the OS specialist. We discussed doing that procedure to release the psoas muscle and remove my bursa. Back and forth on it. We scheduled it for July 31. Than when leaving had horrible pain in the good hip I just had done in January. I could not walk or move the pain was so horrible. I was in the parking lot. Yes The had to get a team of drs from ER to come out and get me and put me on a gerney. Ct scans, x rays revealed nothing!!!! They put me on steroids which I am not taking. They also found another bladder infection. When will this all end!!!!
 
@Belladonna
I am so sorry for your ongoing struggles.
I am guessing the surgery is on for the 31st?
I am praying you are able to get some relief.
 
I'm sorry, Belladonna.
When will it all end? It's been a long journey for you.
I pray you find relief soon. Hopefully the procedure next month will help achieve that.
But now the good one is bothering you...wonder what's up with that?
Sending a hug...
@Belladonna
 
I am going to do the surgery on the first hip. I think the poor left one is overcompensating for it and is getting stressed. I just have to get this all done and get on my road to recovery! Agreed

You guys are the greatest and you get it!!!

@ljpviper how are things with you. Last I heard you were having a procedure done. What is going on?
 
Went to my OS today. Another bone scan on the left side because I cannot stand in one place for a long time. He said it concerned him. He is afraid it could be a hairline fracture on the femur
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom