Guest viewing is limited

THR 18 months and still in pain

We all have our moments :) :-) (: especially when in pain and frustrating.
I know bone scans can be used to check bone density, anomalies in bone, etc.
Try not to project about what might be found...sounds like he's trying to use all tools to find what possible issues could be causing your problems.

Written words can be difficult to interpret at times...especially without inflection of spoken words.
We are all rooting for you, and staff try to be careful not to presume what your OS is trying to determine. They did a bone scan on my back to rule out bone cancer when I was still trying to get diagnosis for hips. Scared the bejeezes out of me even though it was basically a part of the process of elimination.
Hope today is a Better Day:tada:
 
@Belladonna,
No apologies necessary.
In the way you've described your pain at times it sounds excruciating. For that I'm sorry.
Through the scenarios you've described your situation sounds serious. Obviously you want to get to the origin
of the pain so you're able to move forward. We can sympathize and encourage but are unable to assume what may be at the root of the problem. Only the medical professionals can do that.
I understand the fear in all of the "what ifs" but in order to obtain resolution you may learn something you'd prefer not to hear. If that's the case, best it comes from your doctor who can offer you detailed explanations and solace. Non professional diagnoses, opinions or advice may only bring you more stress and muddy the waters even further.

Let's hope you soon receive answers leading to a solution and an end to your pain.
 
@Belladonna, when I had pain and disability 7 months post-THR, even though x-rays showed no problem, my new (second) orthopedic surgeon ordered MARS MRI, hip aspiration, blood tests and bone scan. He was using all of the tools he had to try to figure out exactly what was wrong, and he did get answers from the MRI - badly torn gluteal tendons. My original surgeon looked at the same MRI images and saw nothing wrong. He obviously had some big holes in his medical knowledge about soft tissue injuries, although he was correct about there being no problem with my bones or hip implants. I hope your new surgeon will be able to diagnose your problem and suggest effective treatment. I believe I remember you saying that nothing wrong was seen with MRI? Perhaps those images could be looked at again by someone else in the effort to leave no stone unturned.
 
Yes I agree. For 16 years doctors told me my pain was due to degenerative disc disease then last year a neurologist looked at my MRI and said your back is normal for a 58 year old woman but you have severe arthritis in your hips. No one caught that.

I am a free lance newspaper reporter so I hang on words too much! You guys are great! Yes
 
They didn't catch mine for years either.
Cool job.
Don't correct my grammar and spelling:loll:
 
Oh my stars! Hope he/she loves mama lots for growing him/her so good.
My son was overdo and 8lb 9 Oz....big enough!:heehee:
 
We all have our moments :) :-) (: especially when in pain and frustrating.
I know bone scans can be used to check bone density, anomalies in bone, etc.
Try not to project about what might be found...sounds like he's trying to use all tools to find what possible issues could be causing your problems.

Written words can be difficult to interpret at times...especially without inflection of spoken words.
We are all rooting for you, and staff try to be careful not to presume what your OS is trying to determine. They did a bone scan on my back to rule out bone cancer when I was still trying to get diagnosis for hips. Scared the bejeezes out of me even though it was basically a part of the process of elimination.
Hope today is a Better Day:tada:

I agree with this statement and that is why so many relationships are broken due to this miscommunication
 
Relationships can be broken and repaired! That's the good news.
Sometimes we just have to let things go.

The bone scan may not give answers but eliminate something so as to give doctors some course of action to proceed with.
When my pain was unrelenting prior to diagnosis and surgery, some days I succumbed and let depression rule.
Then I would have to will myself to revive hope that there would be a resolution and find something good in my day despite pain.
I know it is easier to say once on the other side, but do hope you get some answers!
 
Hi @Belladonna
Wondering how the guided hip injection went. Hopefully it's providing some relief.
The bone scan should provide answers also, at the very least eliminate the possibility of certain issues.

Beat you by 2 ozs with the baby! My son was 10 lbs 2 ozs...Thought I was going to die :rotfl: He's 6' 5"" now :heehee:
Wonder what the correlation is between giving birth and your hips beginning to bother you...
Hope you find answers soon!
 
I have been following your post. I also am going thru testing to find the reason for my pain almost 8 months p.o. on left. I had blood work and bone scan which are normal. Going for guided injection 5/8. I am now noticing some paun in right hip but I took a tumble so hopefully just bruised. Pain Dr tried to say I have fibromyalgia and put me on cymbalta. I disagree with him and will not take that medication. I also have shoulder issue and bad back. The pain has put me in a dark place but I'm picking myself up and staying positive. My left hip hurts more now then pre op. I trust my surgeon and hope for a diagnosis. Best wishes
 
@Layla Wow, you did beat me. Having big babies is a contributing factor with hip and lower back pain. 18 years ago I weighed 138 and was 5’3

Sunnyhippy I am so sorry you are going through this. You just want a diagnosis! When they say, “everything looks fine I want to scream.” Unlike popular belief fibromyalgia is not a disease it’s a symptom and I am so glad you did not take the Cymbalta. The guided injection did not help me. So that rules out one of their theories. Next is the bone scan! You and I will dance again!
 
@Belladonna
Yes we will get answers. I am taking it a day at a time. I even wonder why MRI is not first before injection. I guess every OS has there own protocol. It's good to know we are not alone in this struggle
 
I’m sorry you are in pain with no explanation. Sometimes just knowing the cause and that there is or is not a treatment for it, makes a difference to how you can tolerate the pain.
 
I'm sure you are still frustrated about being in pain but glad no major issues from bone scan!
Pray they get this figured out..:angel:
 
Hi @Belladonna
Sorry you have to go through the process. I hope you find an answer soon.
Hope your weekend is peaceful!
 
Back
Top Bottom