Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @jenb and @DrToonz don't forget me! We can start our own bilateral hippy hippy club and commiserate all our aches and pains. Glad to hear from you Jen. I was getting concerned. We will see each other through, laugh and cry together!
Hi freaky freak! Please please tell me this gets better soon! Ugh... I can't stand being such a downer. I wish @DrToonz & I could recover in the same place so I didn't feel so alone in this bilateral purgatory!

You all have made me feel so much better in the last 10 mins!!! Thank you!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs

Here's one of my scars...looks pretty good, right. I've got one on the other side to match!
 
Hey that looks good. I see you still have a lot of steri strips too. I think only one of mine has fallen off so far so haven't posted pics yet. I have my good days and not so good ones too as I am sure everyone does. Just when I think I have turned a corner I wake up really stiff and sore. PT again tomorrow so up and out early for me.
 
9 days surgery was 1/21 and I was expecting them to wash off in the shower. Silly me.
 
@jenb Glad to hear from you....
You are on the road to recovery. You do have it doubly difficult.
Stay with the forum (especially for the support of the bilateral hippies).
I look forward to your continued reports and success! Cheers!
 
Not cheesy..supportive. I look forward to hearing from others every day and sharing. Good
shared is twice as good and bad shared is half as bad ...or something like that.
 
So glad to hear from you! One day at a time...just ONE thing you couldn't do the day before is a great accomplishment. Keep it going and before you know it, you will have a pain free life!! Thinking of you.
 
Here's one of my scars...looks pretty good, right. I've got one on the other side to match!

Jen it looks great! lol.. and a matching set is even better.

now, maybe someday i'll get the ba11s to post a pic like that, imagine a scar like yours that is
35 years old from my hip pinning when i was 13, alongside my posterior "long" scar
from my THR... quite a sight!
:heehee:
 
You are one brave lady. No pain is fun and I can imagine the pain you are having. Take your mind to a good place...imagine being on the beach...Its a hot summer day, and best of all you walked down to the water. Pain can be exhausting, but you will get through it. Thinking of you...:SUNsmile:
 
@DrToonz & freakyfreak,
I'm posterior, hence the unrelenting pain. I had no choice due to my dysplasia and femoral retroversion. The surgeon didn't even give me an option. I trusted him. I hope you two recover much quicker than me.
Jen
 
[Bonesmart.org] 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs

This is one of my scars today - 3 weeks post-op bilateral (posterior).
 
Jen, keep up with pain meds and as time passes you will improve. It's only been a couple of weeks and you had twi major surgeries. I too was surprised how slow recovery was especially the first couple of weeks. But things will start looking up! I had one leg done and used a walker 3-4 weeks. And I can definitely empathize on the cabin fever - way too cold, snowy and icy to go outside here in Minnesota! Hope each day gets better!
 
@jenb Yes the scars do fade - my matching set now are only thin white lines :) And yes things will become easier and better as time goes on!!! You really are doing very well despite how you might feel. It's too bad it's such awful weather where you are - hopefully spring will come soon! It is so lovely to be able to go out for a bit of a walk in the sunshine - But yeah I do remember being bored, antsy, depressed, and down with a roaring case of cabin fever by week 3 - 4! But by week 6 all your restrictions will be lifted and you'll be able to drive and get around (going very carefully if things are still as snowy mess!). If you've read my thread you'll see that at week 6 when I went for my follow up with the surgeon I did a bit of showing off by walking down the hall with my cane over my shoulder like a rifle ..... and with a grin the nurse asked if I was showing of - and with an equally big grin I admitted that yes I was ..... and wasn't that great? She laughed and agreed it was great. And 6 months after BTHR I was off on a cross country jaunt to go to a school reunion and visit with my brother on Martha's Vineyard.

I know it's been mentioned on other threads but don't remember if it was said to you - did you get new shoes before your surgery - or at least have some favorite old ones resoled? It really helps a lot to have new bottoms of shoes to start off walking with new hips! Old shoes get worn down in patterns of the limpy awful gait you had before surgery.
 
Everyday gets better and better....the cabin fever is bad but I found some mindless TV set me off to sleep. Trouble is once it's done you just want to be normal again....but it's slow and steady and before you realise you are nearly there. I'm not a patient person at all...but it's a quality I've found since THR!! I suppose that's a good thing!!!?? All three of you @jenb @ DrToonz @Freaky freak are amazing to do bi lateral .....much braver than me!! Take care...Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@jenb both of mine were posterio-lateral and it looks like your scar is about where mine are. I didn't have too much pain with either one, as long as I took my pain meds. I was a huge squeaky wheel with my doc about pain control, though. Also, mine were so bad before surgery and the pain hadbeen SO bad for SO long that the post op pain seemed so much esier for me to deal with (also the pain meds actually WORK fo post op pain). I hope you get to feelingmuch better very soon.
Peace and love to you.
 
Jen what you need to do in your down time is plan an elaborate vacation to somewhere (whether you take it or not is not the issue). Research the area, what you plan to do, places you will stay, eat, visit. Google everything, flights, hotels, etc. it will take your mind to somewhere else and give you a new focus.

I love planning vacations and have taken a few fun ones. That was when I first discovered I had hip issues. Will tell you more this afternoon. My ride is here for PT so out for a while!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom