Bilateral THR 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes getting that pain management cocktail right is a bit tricky. Hang in there @jenb . We are here for you!
 
@jenb thanks for the update. We were all wondering how you were doing. Hang in there, I hope things improve soon. Will be sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
 
What a wonderful picture. What a big first step. Remember pain pills before walking. I see you are in good hands. I look forward to your recovery.
 
Hang on in there its a bit of a rolller coaster or a walk in a park sometimes the park is in a nice tranquil palce and sometimes its in a war zone. If your body aches or hurts then rest, ice, and take pain meds anti inflamatories, when you get that under control the stiffness will resolve.
 
@jenb Just stopping by your thread to let you know you are in our thoughts. I hope things are starting to settle for you! Do post when you feel up to it.
 
Hello..... Sorry for the lack of updates. This has been a difficult journey. I am still in acute rehab and most likely leaving Tuesday for home. I'm having a hard time lifting my legs to climb stairs. Pain, spasms & stiffness are still issues. Getting my staples out Tuesday (over 30 in each hip). I do not know that I could, in good conscience, recommend this surgery to anyone. I have a high tolerance for pain, and this was very very painful. Perhaps in a couple more weeks I will see/feel the benefits of doing them together, but it's hard to see now.
 
Hi jenb, so sorry that you are going through this! Thinking of you and hoping you are feeling better VERY soon!
 
Hi @jenb What pain meds are you taking? It sounds like you are under medicated. You are right, this is major surgery. But post op pain is usually managed. Are they letting you ice and elevate? Hang in there! It does get better!
 
Hi@jenb. Sorry you are in so much Pain ..I am so hoping they manage to get it under control for you very soon and that you will be posting news of a good recovery....thinking of you....Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Oh dear @jenb - really sorry that you're doing it tough at the moment. I sincerely hope it improves for you quickly but as others have said - recovery is a marathon and not a print. Thinking of you :console2:
 
@jenb Have been thinking of you & wondering how it's going. So very sorry to hear the extent of your difficulties. Do hope your pain management improves ASAP. Please know we are all with you in this journey. Hoping for better news when you're able...

Ellen
 
@jenb,
Your pain sounds bad. As others have said, do all you can to get your pain meds. Be a "squeaky wheel." Very squeaky. Maybe they will provide some grease. Be assured I am praying for you. Keep your eyes on the healing and pain free living that is ahead. It will come.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs
@jenb. So sorry that you've gotten off to a rough beginning on your recovery road. Be sure that you are getting and taking your pain meds on a good schedule, are icing and elevating, and getting lots and lots of rest.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs
 
I pray your recovery is getting better and your moving with less pain
 
I'm so sorry that it's so tough. I value your honesty. God bless you my brave friend...thinking of you! Sending big hugs!
 
Thinking of you and have prayed for you this morning. Continue to stand strong, yet know you are not alone.
 
Hi @jenb, I am going to tag a very good friend of mine, Deb, @djklaugh who had a bilateral a bit over two years ago to share her experience -:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom