Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jenb Hi hon how are you doing now? I sure hope your doctor has gotten your pain under control!! That's the really big thing with a BTHR - cuz if you hurt too much you don't want to move - and you need to be moving! Really walking is the best and easiest exercise for any THR. Don't worry too much about doing stairs just yet - it is very early days for you. While I could and did do stairs shortly after my BTHR it was not comfortable to do them for 5-6 weeks. Yeah it's a nuisance when both legs are swollen and stiff and sore! Remember the BoneSmart mantra - Ice, Elevate, Rest, Medications!!! Let us know how you're doing - and ask any questions you might have! We are here for you:friends:
 
@jenb I hope you're doing okay and things are getting easier for you every day. You're so strong to be able to do both together!! Hang in there and know lots of us are praying and sending good thoughts your way!
 
Both hips at the same time! keep your chin up, the good days will outweigh the bad ones soon. Trite but true, today is the first day of the rest of your life.
 
@jenb, girl I so hope things are progressing for you! Take care and if you feel like it, please let us know how things are going.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs
[Bonesmart.org] 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs
[Bonesmart.org] 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs


@jenb, let us hear from you. We care.
 
Hi. I'm sorry again for such a long gap between posts. I'm home now & pain has decreased (thank God). I've been having issues with my heart rate shooting up every time I try minimal movement. No one seems to be too worried about it, but it sure does worry me.
I was having a very tough day today - just depressed that I can't do much & I'm just plain bored --- and then I opened up this post & saw all your beautiful posts. It brought me to tears. I'm not used to being down, but this has been really really hard. My legs do not feel like my own. I'm still on a walker & getting PT @ home. I live in New Jersey so it's very cold and snow on the ground - too risky to go out. I'm sooo bored & feel like I'm getting depressed,
which is not like me.
I hope all of you reading this are doing well whether your pre or post-op.
Thanks for the support!!!!!
 
Hey, @jenb .
Glad to heat from you.
I get to go home today so pretty soon you and I can talk about cabin fever, depression, and the inability to do stuff.
Hey! We can do stuff together! (In a different place, 4 time zpnes away ;) )


Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
 
I'm so happy to hear from you! You and I are surgery buddies (jan 7). I also live in jersey and feeling the same as you...bored and wishing it was warmer. So sorry to hear about your difficulties. Having bilateral is no walk in the park. Hang in there, kiddo. It will get better. Peggy ;) xo
 
[Bonesmart.org] 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs
@jenb, it's going to take a while for those legs to begin to feel more "normal", but they'll get there. Your body has endured a lot of trauma with basically two major surgeries in one, so it's going to take a bit longer to feel more chipper. The weather is not helping a bit at this point either.

Try to think positively----a positive mental attitude goes a long, long way when you're recovering to help everything get better sooner. Count your blessings---I know you've got more than you think at the moment. And just keep in mind that IT IS GOING TO GET BETTER! I promise you.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs



PS: How about putting your surgery date in your signature:)
 
Hey @jenb and @DrToonz don't forget me! We can start our own bilateral hippy hippy club and commiserate all our aches and pains. Glad to hear from you Jen. I was getting concerned. We will see each other through, laugh and cry together!
 
@Madowa & drtoonz,
Thanks for the reply. I hope you two have a much smoother time than I've had so far. I overestimated my ability to handle that amount of pain so it really took me down emotionally & physically. I refuse to give in though & tomorrow I will wake up and do something fun for myself! You 2 get well soon !!!!
Hug from NJ
Jen
 
Sorry Jen. :(
I sincerely wish I could stop by and just say hi and talk about my staples. Hehe.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
 
@ bottomshollow
Thank you. I needed that pep talk. I have tons to be grateful for. I keep forgetting how major my surgery was & my expectations have been unrealistic.
Thank you for your motivation!
Jen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom