Bilateral THR 15 hrs post op bilateral THRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Freaky freak, one week before surgery I came back from a vacation - Patagonia, Argentina. It was just what I needed to calm my nerves before surgery. I can start thinking of my next trip! Thanks for the suggestion.
 
Hello glad to see things are going well for everyone. I'm 1 day out of surgery I had the anterior approach and I must say no pain at all. Full weight on my hip and walking with my walker ok. I'm going to rehab because of my skin . I lost so much weight that I'm gonna need someone to help with skin so I don't catch an infection. Glad things are going well. My surgeon would not do them both because if the skin. So my next one is in April . Good luck everyone
 
Oh that sounds lovely. I need to investigate that. We did Ireland for our 20th anniversary this year!
 
Jebrig you will do great. I have noticed my incisions are healing because they are now itching. Had a good workout in PT. Been walking 5 min each time on treadmill but bumped it to 6 today. Plus several other exercises.
 
You inspire all of us! Hang in there cannot wait to hear from you as you progress and those legs really start to feel normal! You will be there soon and the sun will shine and life will be normal with no pain!! Blessings!
 
@ freakyfreak, I did a bit better today. My niece came over & she videotaped me walking on my crutches. I had another video with me walking in rehab with my walker - you can see a big improvement. I'm down to one pain pill @ night. I hate taking narcotics. The pt I'm getting @ home is pretty light so I'm might need the pain meds when I start doing out-patient where they will work me harder. I'm up right now (it's 2:07am$ because knee pain woke me up. I'm knock kneed & my pt told me today that likely there are issues with my knees. Oh boy, no Ortho is getting their hands on me for the next 5 years!!!
 
Oh right your heading in the right direction what a blessing. Your gonna own this because your getting better day by day. Keep pressing your way my friend this summer is yours
 
Jen so glad you have a visual on your improvement. That is a huge morale booster! And one pain pill at night wow! Keep up the good work. Yes, you will probably get worked harder once you start outpt PT so be prepared. Do you have anything lighter than the oxy, maybe hydrocodone you could use if you need them. I stepped down to that and it leaves me much clearer headed.
 
Hello Jenb; I pastor a small church where most of my members are elderly. Your story is important as I learn from your your experience and pass them on to my elderly congregants. We do come out on the other side and sometimes it is a long, difficult and painful experience. We all draw strength and encouragement from your story and it makes it easier for us to face our surgeries. The biggest problem we have at our church is our elderly falling and injuring themselves. We make it our task to patrol the church and make sure there is nothing to trip them, but when they are home all it takes is for their dog or cat to get under foot.

Thank you for sharing with me and by proxy my elderly congregants.
 
@jenb please don't try and cut down on your pain meds yet. You need them to get more mobile. You are just out of very major surgery. Control the pain and life will look so much better. When you start forgetting doses that's you body's way of telling you to cut down.
 
Dont try and compare your recovery with others as we all start from a different place and we all feel pain differently. If you need to take the pills take them if you need to use the walker or support use it. If you need a sleep take it. 15 months out its all still getting better today I climbed a spiral staircase in a castle almost skipped up and down the steps :). Hang on in there heres to you getting better we care about you X.
 
@freakyfreak and @ charmed life, I was only on oxy for a couple days in rehab. I've only been taking hydrocodone since 5 days post-op. I do not take them unless I need them. I know so many people say, "stay ahead of the pain," but at this point, I'd rather wait & see if there is pain to medicate. I'm not interested in getting physically or psychologically addicted to narcotics. I'm not a martyr, I just don't believe in taking narcotics unless absolutely necessary.
 
You are definitely a better person than me. I keep my bottle by me at all times!
 
@jenb - more power to you if you aren't having enough pain to need them! Hydrocodone is much better - you are not as out of it and acts faster too, I feel. But not needing it is great - I'm finally at that point where I don't take anything most of the time.
 
@freakyfreak, I don't think I'm better than you, it's just something I need to do to protect myself. I have a high tolerance for pain & would just rather use ice, OTC pain meds, music & distractions instead of narcotics.
 
As long as we get it done and heal it is all that matters. Good wishes to everyone for continued progress! It is almost bedtime for me so signing off for tonight. Sleep well everyone!
 
Hey there @jenb. How's it going today? Are you ready for the big game today? And isn't it nice that we are not in the polar vortex, or whatever they're calling it? Can't believe its 55 degrees!!! But more snow is on the way....boooooo! Well, anyway, Hope you're having a decent Sunday. Peggy ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom