Guest viewing is limited

THR 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<

Hi Fullboost. I'm very interested to see what direction Jo takes with your information. I still struggle with thigh pain to some extent quite a few years now since my THRs. But I would not rate my pain levels nearly as high as yours, and I don't ever have groin pain. It is so frustrating for all of us when the replacement does not fix all our problems. And the body is so complex; one change in a variable internally OR externally can play havoc somewhere else. If you do seek out the opinion of a revision specialist, I do hope you'll keep us informed about that because we all learn from each other.

Sharon
 
Hey thank you Sharon.

The odd thing is that I have no actual hip pain, its some sort of thigh/groin pain that I did not have prior to the surgery.

I saw my doctor again a few days ago, he is sending me in to get an injection into my Iliosphoas tendon. He said
there are rare cases of this tendon rubbing against the metal cup and causing some of the symptoms I have.
 
I have been thru PT, but it did not help the groin/thigh pain
Would you please tell me when you did this and what kinds of exercises they had you do - how many reps and how often were the visits
As far as your chart for pain, I have pain all thru my front right thigh and sometimes in the groin area.
Sorry, the whole point of the chart is for accuracy. Can you please tell me the chart references. If you're not sure how to do that, take a close look at the smaller image on the right which is a guide
 
Sure, On the chart, it would be RF2 w,x,y,z as well as RF3 w,x,y,z.

I also have some radiating pain just above me knee.

As far as PT goes, its been almost a year ago so I don't recall the exercises and how many reps. I know there was some stretching, side leg raises and they did some deep tissue massage.
 
Last edited:
So like this then?

[Bonesmart.org] 14 Months Post-Op and still have chronic thigh pain<


That's very much quad pain. Have you been doing a lot of walking/hiking or anything? Climbing ladders? Carrying heave stuff? Squatting/bending? Anything like that at all?
 
Yes in that area and no I have not been hiking or doing much walking at all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Have you got a reasonably recent xray you can post for me?
If not, can you get one?
 
Hmmm ... looks pretty solid and good to me. So must be muscular. Perhaps some chiropractic treatment might help?
 
I’ve done that already, as well as acupuncture. Neither helped.

Iliosophas tendon?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Your story for pain is exactly what I went thru and they didn't find a hernia and surgery was painful recovery.
Finally asked for hip Xray cause that's where pain is after several months .i was in my 40's and hip OA was not expected. Xray showed it was OA .
I have had hip replaced doing well and took about 8 months to get back to norm.
 
Just an update. I had a hip injection on Thursday. They injected a steroid into the bursa. I felt some relief right away, but still some pain. By the weekend, I was much improved and have felt better than I have since the surgery. Seems like they might be onto something finally!
 
Yay, so glad you got some pain relief! Hope this helps them figure out exactly what's going on with you.
 
Back
Top Bottom