MUA 11 weeks post tkr and struggling<

Backwards is a step forward, forward will be a jump forward!

Paula I totally agree and I love this! :flwrysmile:.
Thanks @kneeper and from your lips to God's ears :SUNsmile:
@Celle thank you so much for addressing that concern. You have addressed a couple of concerns for me during this process and I greatly appreciate it. I will definitely keep an eye but it is definitely relieving to know it is probably still effects of all that was done.

@MsPenny your story touches my heart. I know those feelings and I pray that as you progress things start to lighten both emotionally and pain wise. Having pain meds during recovery shouldn't be dictated by doctors on how much they allow. Each individual is different and our knees are all healing at different rates and other issues come up that impact the pain level we are experiencing. Another friend on here @Suz spoke up to her surgeon and found great success. But if that isn't an option for you, can you contact your primary care physician for some help? I can't believe you would be left having to deal with pain without meds, that's awful and certainly would attribute to the depression you are still fighting. You said you had hip issues, have you ever had a chiropractic adjustment on your hips? You are so right Penny this site is a Godsend and everyone on here has been and continues to be so helpful. Sending love and best wishes right back to you. It will get better and we just have to lean in so we know we aren't alone and help others on their journey.:flwrysmile:
 
Way to go with your progress on the bike! Just a little "left bum cheek raising" - I think my whole left side came out of the seat (LOL) - Keep it up!
 
Thanks GA-Peach stay safe over there, I hear there are storms coming through. My son's flight from Atlanta is delayed a couple of hours this evening.
 
It's great that you have been able to use the bike. Soon enough you'll get that forward rotation.
 
Thanks Marian I think when that day happens I won't even need to post it because I'm sure you'll hear me WOOHOOing from there :rotfl::upright:
 
@LFitz my knee feels a little warm since yesterday also!!! If it's still tomorrow I may call OS just to be on the safe side!
 
I'll be listening, @LFitz ! I was at PT when I finally went from rocking to a full rotation and I let out a yelp! The room had been so quiet and I let loose, so I some explaining to do.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@LFitz , Thank you! I have an appointment in the morning to see my primary care physician about getting tramadol (?). I was told I would have to go to a pain management clinic if I needed anything after twelve weeks. I have been to a couple of pain clinics since my accident, the last time being 2013. I do not plan to ever go back. I think they are terrible. I never saw a doctor, they hold your purse while you give an urine sample, etc. My experience was they wanted to put me on a pain patch (can't remember the name), but I can't stay dopey all the time like that. Since I refused that, I guess it aggravated the nurse practitioner, so she gave me a prescription for Percocet 5/325. Two a day. It wasn't worth my time, plus it was a little humiliating to be treated like so much cattle. It is still undetermined what will happen about my ankle. Thank you for mentioning a chiropractor, I will try that.
 
Penny only 2 percocet a day, oh my gosh that's terrible! Hoping you have much better luck with your pcp tomorrow.
KarriB now that's funny - and if they only knew all that you had been through - that yelp was well deserved sista!
Claire I hope you knee is feeling a little better this evening.
 
All the PTs knew what had happened to me, but not patients. I am a rather loud person, I blame it on my mother being partially deaf all of my life, but I'm very animated as well. My PT group is affiliated with my Ortho group and in the same offices. I wanted to be close to my OS during pt just in case there were issues. Many times Drs. would come into the PT room to see how patients were doing and talk with the PTs. Have a good night!
 
I'm a rather loud person too, I blame it on being one of 14 kids and all of us talking over each other. :loll:It's a riot at our family reunions. Sounds like you were at a really good practice.
 
I was wondering what happened with you, hadn't seen you here lately but today I saw your posting on another's thread. I hope your trip back to the motherland was good.....one of 14, OMG. That could get stressful.

Still having issues with your knee? What's going on? I'm so sorry to hear this.
 
Hi there, yup been mia for a bit. Trip home was wonderful lots of family time but its never enough. Love being around everyone it's good for the soul.

I'm 6 months now with my knee and I still have pain in the right side that I've had from early on. And the clunking/movement under my knee is still an issue. Every movement of my leg something underneath the kneecap (patella button) moves and I can feel it. It's only painful when I lay on my side, either side, it moves and uncomfortable.. Just trying to build up strength around it and see if that helps. Keeping the faith and trying to stay positive.

How have you been? How is your knee? I bet you guys are having beautiful weather out there in BC.
 
We had a fabulous August...summer came later than usual but blissful. Warm sunny days no humidity of course, a few warm night only, the rest a bit chilly. The weather is changing now, boo. Some rain and chill, now sunny and warm...
I'm glad you got to spend time with your large family! It's never enough, I agree. And probably nice to have a break from Texas summer.
Sorry to hear your knee is still troubling you. I also continue to have pain in my quad tendon area just above my knee on the right of my right knee. PT and OS say I need to work on strengthening my quad.....stairs remain a challenge. I hear clunking but only when I walk, unlike what you describe as moving, and feeling it when you lie down.
It seems you and I are on the long scenic trip. We're on the old highway with the twists and turns, instead of the modern freeway! I'm glad you are staying positive! It's hard at times, but I do see improvement incrementally so I believe these lingering issues will resolve.

Good to see you back here again.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom