MUA 11 weeks post tkr and struggling<

That's great...it just takes time and patience but it happens :)
 
Fantastic! If you leave the knee alone it will do what it's supposed to do! Little exercise is more ROM!
 
Thanks ladies :-)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just a note on the Tramadol, my doctor gave it to me two weeks after my last knee surgery and I thought it worked REALLY well. My last knee surgery was actually a lot more painful than the TKR, like literally no comparison, so I highly recommend Tramadol. I hope it works well for you! Congrats on the 90 degree bend too, sounds like you are making a great recovery. :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I had been at peace the last several weeks about my bend because I have been feeling so great. Sitting at brunch I just felt like things were further so asked hubby to grab the goniometer and low and behold 90.

Is that not just the BEST feeling Lynn! I had to put mine away as well because I was wanting to measure every other hour, :heehee:! I'm now measuring every few days and if my bend isn't as good as I want it I'm trying not to let it stress me. My knee determines when and how much it wants to bend, most of the time!
 
@Suz I have to say it did feel pretty awesome and it was bent to just before where that pain starts which must have been further than it was before. But I was swollen last night and today as stiff as a board :headbang::gaah::snork: haven't had that feeling in several weeks. But that's ok because something gave and I didn't even know it did. Now I'm just going to wait for it to give again :chillpill:
 
Yes, when I bend my knee for flexion, especially if I've been active during the day, she protests pretty good also! Last week when I measured 95*s I felt like I had aced a big college exam- LOL! Literally!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Since my knee has gained some bend I have noticed that it is warm to the touch again and there is discomfort in the front of the knee, top of the patella and what feels like under the patella button (is there even something under there that could cause this feeling?) I know that I have patella baja but could this (along with the patella graft) cause the increased heat in the knee as its starting to stretch further and be just a temporary thing? My patella ligament is shorter after this tkr and I now feel twinges going from the bottom of the patella ligament to my shin. just some weirdness happening so thought I'd reach out and see if anyone else has anything similar.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Finally got a backwards rotation on my bike with a little assistance from my left bum cheek raising up a bit as I go round. But hey it's a revolution and I'm almost 4 months out so it counts :-). still having some issues since I gained that little further bend but waiting until my next appointment and will address it at that time.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yep, backwards usually comes first, but if you want to work on forward just rock back and forth, then lift that bum cheek again. Pretty soon you'll be going the whole way around. I just finished 9 miles. It helps that the bike is in the family room in front of the tv!
 
Thanks Pumpkin and KarriB. KarriB mine is right in front of the tv too. Maybe I'll be able to give that forward rocking a go in a few days. Congrats on 9 miles, that's awesome! One day :-)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I just finished reading your thread, and I felt like there was someone else out there kinda like me. I, too, am 50, which is fairly young for TKR. My right knee (and ankle) have been keeping me from doing things almost every other 50 year old person does. I became depressed because I have young grandchildren (and one due in November), that I could not care for. I was missing fun time at the park, going swimming, etc. I couldn't chase my almost one year old here in my living room. So I decided to go ahead with the surgery. That was April 5. April 4th was the last night I slept well. I still have major pain (the worst being in my hip). Of course the pain meds can only be prescribed for a certain length of time, which has expired for me. I find the pain and depression worse now than before surgery. After reading the stories on here, however, I have found that I am not the only one with these issues. I sincerely hope that you are feeling better now, and I think this site is a Godsend. Sending love and good wishes your way. Penny
 
Since my knee has gained some bend I have noticed that it is warm to the touch again and there is discomfort in the front of the knee, top of the patella and what feels like under the patella button (is there even something under there that could cause this feeling?) I know that I have patella baja but could this (along with the patella graft) cause the increased heat in the knee as its starting to stretch further and be just a temporary thing?
Remembering that you've had both a TKR and a MUA, I think the additional warmth in your knee is to be expected. It's a sign that healing is taking place under the surface.

Just keep an eye on it. If it gets really hot, and is painful and swollen as well, then see your surgeon.
 
Yay on the backwards rotation. :yes!: The forward one won't be far behind now.
 
Backwards is a step forward, forward will be a jump forward!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom