Recent content by webbie73

  1. webbie73

    TKR Webbie's saga

    I would not mind if the numbness was just around the scar but it is causing a tightness where it is numb which is not around my scar. I "feel" my knee all the time. It feels like some big elastic bands around the area below the kneecap. I still have heat in the area too. Guess I will wait it out...
  2. webbie73

    TKR Webbie's saga

    6 month update!!! Well, I am not where I want to be. The knee has 100% extension and a good 115 degree bend so I am happy with that. I can walk without a cane for my daily routine. I can walk up and down stairs but need to hold onto the rail. Even though I can move the knee it still is stiff if...
  3. webbie73

    Back after long absence

    I have had 3 joints replaced...only missing my left knee!LOL. not sure I can help but I had the hip done brief ore the knee. My quads never got back to normal after the hip replacement. It has been 6 years for the hip and only 3 months for the knee on the same leg. Prior to the knee replacement...
  4. webbie73

    TKR Unknown lump on front of knee'

    Jackie, pure hogwash! At 6 weeks I was not even close to 90 degrees. I am 3 months out and only at 110. Not even concerned. I told PT I wanted to be able to walk, climb stairs the normal way and just enjoy life. I am there! Don't let the OS bully you.
  5. webbie73

    TKR Webbie's saga

    Traveled for the holidays. The second leg of my trip started December 30. No cane the entire time!! I only got a ride in the the airport in Rhode Island. In Norfolk the concourse is pretty short so I walked it. Knee is still stiff but I can do stairs the normal way but slowly. I am hoping this...
  6. webbie73

    TKR Three weeks post op, so glad I found this forum

    Side sleeper here. Instead of placing a pillow between my knees I would place the pillow along side of my new knee, then I would rollover keeping new knee straight and placing other knee bent over onto the pillow. Worked like a charm.
  7. webbie73

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    Awesome view from the top! The OS said my problems with joints has to be in my genes. Foot, shoulder, 2 hips, 1 knee so far has to be genes.
  8. webbie73

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    I am so impressed!! LOL I just had my knew replaced so I will be happy to just walk. I only got to enjoy my new hip for a few months. Now I am right back in rehab mode. Snow? Nope you can have all of it. Last winter we were getting snowfalls that measured in feet not inches! Our weather has...
  9. webbie73

    THR Need Advice on body mechanics after thr

    I was going to say the something along the same line as Jaycee. Have you been checked for a leg discrepancy? I dealt with IT band issues for 6 years until I had my second hip replaced and the discrepancy was fixed. Now that I had the knee replaced I am again dealing with IT band issues.
  10. webbie73

    TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

    @Glamg1979, you are doing so well. I know it is frustrating. I have had more " moments" than I care to admit. You should be so happy with 120. I don't know if I will ever reach 120. I am looking for function whatever that might be. I was just saying to my husband how sick I am of not being...
  11. webbie73

    TKR Did a fall do damage?<

    I am at 7 weeks and still have an area of "concrete" on the outside of my knee. I had an over agressive PT yank my knee in rehab. They immediately brought in a portable X-Ray machine to make sure no damage was done. It doesn't hurt to contact your OS. Impressed that you ran in the Mt of NH...
  12. webbie73

    Revision TKR Dutch's Recovery - Onward and Upward

    I gave not added up my knee surgery/ rehab/ hospitalizarpting yet but I would guess a goo $75,000. Thank goodness for excellent insurance. I was pleased that my ambulance ride to rehab was covered and the emergency ride to the ER was covered.
  13. webbie73

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    The sciatic nerve runs through the piriformis. It just is kicking my butt...no pun intended. Siting is just awful. By the end of the day I am in bed just to get relief. Tomorrow I will be having a therapeutic massage which in the last has helped. Sorry you are having problems with yours.
  14. webbie73

    TKR Im losing my confidence

    @Glamg1979 if I had 120 degree bend I would be very satisfied and not doing another moment of PT. that is wonderful!
  15. webbie73

    TKR foodiex2's Recovery thread

    I don't know what I would do. I too am a slow bender. I don't care what my finally number ends up being....I just want to walk without pain! I want enough bend to climb stairs and walk with a normal gain. I am at 6 weeks and can get 90-95. My OS wants 90 but when I saw him he kept harping on the...
Back
Top Bottom