Revision TKR Dutch's Recovery - Onward and Upward

Dutch, that is pretty sad. What did you include in your total?

Everything. Pre-op, horsepital (the biggest at US$66,300.00!), surgeon, all other supporting docs and ancillary fees, home PT and Out Patient PT.
Revoltin', ain't it! :old:
 
I will have to collect mine and tally. I am jsut 3 weeks out, so I am still collecting!
 
WOW you're the bomb, what a fantastic report. How was your ROM before surgery?
I'm at home doing my PT so I hope I can continue improving and you're quite the
inspiration.
 
Great ROM!! My TKR was about 80,000 in a small community hospital with bad food but a single room. My out of pocket... 15,000. Now that's crazy!
 
While I've had good ROM 0°-136°, I've continued to feel a sharp pain on the outside of the new joint when standing on the surgical leg alone - which is one part of the PT routine. This x-ray may explain some of it. Doc's PA says the mis-aligned patella is probably due to a weak quadricep muscle; and it should improve as muscle tone improves. I'm 7-1/2 weeks out from the revision.

@Josephine Thoughts?

[Bonesmart.org] Dutch's Recovery - Onward and Upward
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Doc's PA says the mis-aligned patella is probably due to a weak quadriceps muscle
The s/he doesn't know their anatomy very well! If it is a weak muscle the it's more likely one the collateral ligaments that are responsible for tethering the patellar at the sides.

This is the medial collateral ligament (MPFL) - the lateral ligament is similar and on the other side of the knee

[Bonesmart.org] Dutch's Recovery - Onward and Upward
 
Thanks @Josephine. Is this something that will be corrected as the muscle is strengthened with physical therapy?
 
I gave not added up my knee surgery/ rehab/ hospitalizarpting yet but I would guess a goo $75,000. Thank goodness for excellent insurance. I was pleased that my ambulance ride to rehab was covered and the emergency ride to the ER was covered.
 
15 weeks out and it's still a bit stiff, swollen and sore; but it functions very well. I use a Total Trainer and a Recumbent Bike at home 2-3 times a week; and it still likes some time with the Cold Therapy unit after the PT.

Getting ready to do the left TKR in 3 weeks - exactly 4 yrs to the day from the PKR on the right one.. Will start a new thread on that one when I'm post-op.

Onward and Upward!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear that the right knee is doing well.
Best wishes for your the left TKR
 
I am 13 weeks out and I am doing about the same with my R knee too! Good luck on your next surgery, I am scheduled for my L to be done in about 8 weeks. Like you say 'onward and upward'.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom