Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

Well I thought I would share a picture of the Cardioversion pad imprint that was left on my back. Now imagine, one twice the size over the heart! I will keep these pictures close by to remind me that no matter what happens, it will be OK! :cool:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 274
I agree with @RestAssured, @wberry. I had my revision done last September and now it feels like a normal knee. My recovery on that knee was pretty grim but now it's fabulous. Recovery from the revision was so easy compared to having a TKR.

Sonja your posts are so very encouraging thank you for sharing x
 
Those scars are badges of honour, Sonja. They'll fade, but be proud of them for now.

Take care of yourself now. No more slips, falls, or other dramas, please! :prayer::angel:
 
I have a condition called acute pirformis syndrome.

This condition deals with the muscle that is deep in the hips. It controls your legs. Well when the muscle starts to spasm, pain ensues and the legs lose feeling. I started out with no feeling in my legs, and I was dragging myself across the apartment. I have "graduated" to trying to get my legs to move with a walker. Very frustrating as I fall quite often.

My knees are doing great through all of this; they are my shining stars! My feet have foot drop. I don't know how long this will last but it has been over 2 weeks!:scary:
 
That is quite concerning Sonja! Do they think it might have anything to do with your back? We are working hard to reactivate my piraformas, but nothing like what you are dealing with. Prayers to you, my friend!
 
Exactly, @Randi . When meeting with my back surgeons, they always asked about that. It was the "I'm surprised you haven't lost leg function already" comment that had me running to the OR! My husband has some foot drop as he has lower back issues as well.
 
@NightQuilter - sadly, I've been there , done that. Spinal fusion,,1991. The good news is that 24 years later I'm still really, really happy with the outcome of THATsurgery. Now if my knee would only cooperate...
 
The sciatic nerve runs through the piriformis. It just is kicking my butt...no pun intended. Siting is just awful. By the end of the day I am in bed just to get relief. Tomorrow I will be having a therapeutic massage which in the last has helped.

Sorry you are having problems with yours.
 
Sonja my heart goes out to you. I wish you the best in resolving this. These ups and downs must be beginning to wear on you. They are most definitely wearing on me as I may be looking at a third revision now. Stay strong and we are all there for you.
 
My love to you, I hope the comfort you gave others comes back to you
Steve



TKR April 12 , 2015
Marłch 10,2015,1st Stage, partial replacement antibiotic wash.
May 15, 2015, Debridement
October 29, 2015, knee replacement removed. Antibiotic Spacers in
Nov 3'. 2stage reversion began
Nov. 10 2015' debridement. New spacer, no weight bearing
 
Well I haven't updated for awhile! I did not have piniformis syndrome, l-4 l-5 stenosis but it was my MS that landed my bottom on the ground! I have been in physical therapy recovering from foot drop, and re teaching the brain to get signals back to the lower parts of the body. I have graduated from being pushed in a rolling walker, to using a standing walker, to crutches, and finally walking own my own. I am still having some balance issues that we are working on for the next 6-8 weeks, but my Physical a Therapist said she has never seen anyone come back as fast as I have. She credits all of the exercising I was do previously, because of muscle memory.

All I can say is this has been harder than knee replacements! With replacements, there was pain, but I could control my legs, with MS, it is in controll for awhile!

But, I am back and "Roaring Like A Lion!":happydance:
 
SO very good to hear from you Sonja! :loveshwr: Your minions and followers have been worried! Dealing with the issues related to MS are tough; so glad you are surrounded by a good team. And from personal experience, I am glad your stenosis didn't require extreme treatment ... been there, done that. You must be continuing to amaze folks there with your effervescent "can do" focus!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    upload_2016-1-12_13-13-37.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 196
  • [Bonesmart.org] Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3
    upload_2016-1-12_13-16-2.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 194
I'm glad you're recovering so well now, Sonja! :yes!: :friends:

You haven't had an easy time, but your spirit shines through. Persistence and perseverance have made you a winner. Of course, you had help from friends, family and God, too.
 
Glad you are on the mend, Sonja. You have really had a tough time. I hope this year is much better for you.
 
Oh Sonja

I'm glad you're back. You've clearly worked very hard to recover and your faith has clearly kept you strong x I hope 2016 is a better year for you x
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom