@ Jane B., I slept most of the day the first day. My husband would work a little during the morning and then come to the hospital around 10:00 a.m. He would stay until about 6 p.m. I was worried about being there during the day by myself but would have been fine. You will be able to figure...
I am so sorry to hear this after you have made so much progress. Hopefully you will find a job quickly. Congratulations on feeling better than you did in your 30's. I am waiting for that day. Happy birthday tomorrow!
Cindy
Hi Perry,
I had my right TKR about a month after your bilateral. My knee is still stiff when I do what I consider to be my normal daily activity. You do a LOT more exercise than I do. It gets a little better each week and I am able to do a little more. A bilateral is harder, so you are...
@Junebug2, I know my extension is getting better but I haven't had my therapist check it. The numbers get me wound up even though I know they shouldn't. Today was the first time I have been able to lay on my stomach at p/t and not use a cylinder under my ankle. My therapist was thrilled...
@Junebug2, He told me to get the blue foam block out and start hanging my foot on it to get my knee straight. DUH! What does he think I have been doing the last 6 weeks to get my knee from 20 degrees to 5 degrees? He acts as if I sit eating M&M's all day curled up in a ball. So frustrating...
@Jozilla, Congratulations on having your next TKR scheduled. Good luck telling your boss the news. These surgeries are stressful enough without having someone giving you grief over it. You will know what to expect next time around and it will make things a tiny bit easier. :)
Cindy
Hi Jeanne, I am at 6 months for my first TKR and Wednesday will be 8 weeks for the second one. I had to quit taking any pain medication including Tylenol because of stomach problems. Some days I want to take Tylenol so bad but having bum knees AND upset stomach is more than I can handle. So...
@gr82cu2, I slept a lot the first few weeks. Your body has been through a lot and is working overtime to heal. I have to agree about the massage helping with getting rid of the swelling. If you don't want your husband to do it, try doing it yourself. Start as low on your leg as you can...
@Danlovesmary, I don't have to pay any copays either since I have met my out of pocket deductible. I feel blessed to have the insurance I have. When I look at the explanation of benefits from the insurance company, I wonder how a lot of people afford to have these procedures.
@Danlovesmary, You did your own manipulation without the anesthesia! It sounds like your surgeon spends about as much time with you as mine does with me.
@gr82cu2, Glad you are at home now where you have a little more control. I am so impressed with your ROM. Awesome! I agree with you about taking the day off from p/t. Let the knee rest and calm down a little before starting up again.
I had my first TKR on Jan. 29th and second on June...
@Old Texan, I had the same problem with nausea after surgery. With the first TKR, the nausea was worse than the pain from surgery. Call your doctor and get the anti-nausea meds before it gets worse. I was so weak from not eating that it slowed down my progress. You also don't want to take...
I borrowed an ice machine from a neighbor for my first TKR. The first night home, I woke up thinking someone was screaming. It was the machine. My husband called a medical supply company the next morning and they delivered one to our house within hours. No screaming with the new one! I am...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.