TKR 10 weeks on other side and no longer lurking

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Junebug2, He told me to get the blue foam block out and start hanging my foot on it to get my knee straight. DUH! What does he think I have been doing the last 6 weeks to get my knee from 20 degrees to 5 degrees? He acts as if I sit eating M&M's all day curled up in a ball. So frustrating! He did give me 4 more weeks of p/t. After that, I have to have the insurance company do a review to see if they will pay for any more. In other words, I'm done after 4 more weeks. Hope you are doing well. Were you busy today or did you listen to your husband?:)
 
I am so glad you got the extra pt...hopefully you will see a big improvement. 8 weeks of recovery is really not that long..hopefully another 4 weeks you will see a big difference.....My sister had RTKR Jan 23. She had 12 wks of therapy....She still has a problem with extension, but she was not diligent about exercise...her therapist was tough...her knee was swollen all the time..we didnt have the same surgeon or therapist...
I had to laugh at the M&M remark.
 
@Junebug2, I know my extension is getting better but I haven't had my therapist check it. The numbers get me wound up even though I know they shouldn't. Today was the first time I have been able to lay on my stomach at p/t and not use a cylinder under my ankle. My therapist was thrilled. We've been working on waking up the quads but they have a mind of their own! Your sister didn't use BS or did she have her surgery before you knew about it?
 
Cindy, it seems like you are definitely improving. So glad to hear this. I understand the number wind up, it seems we all give too much validation to the numbers. Numbers have been wired into our brains....grades, weight, money, IQ. Its all about numbers. You know 8 weeks is not that long in recovery. No doubt it seems like an eternity because you have been recovering since January..
No my sister didnt use bonesmart. Her surgery was 3 wks prior to mine and I didnt find BS till 3 wks after mine. She had prepared me for PT by telling me what they were having her do. I didnt begin PT for almost 2 wks but I was attempting the exercises she was having to do. By the time I had my first session I was able to do what my PT asked...I stayed ahead of PT the whole time...once I found BS I realized my sister's PT was basically torturting her..I tried to get her interested in BS but she chose to follow her PT instructions...once I found BS I told my PT about it and emphasis was on NO PAIN...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom