Recent content by Tabbycat

  1. Tabbycat

    TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

    I'm glad you are having good days, make the most of them. I've got quite bad pain in both knees, but I've just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, which I think I might have had for quite some time (way before my TKR), and many of my joints hurt. I believed I was in a rheumatoid flare, but my...
  2. Tabbycat

    TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

    Hi Paula, just popping in to say hello. I'm sorry you've got these various knee pains, knees seem to be so complicated, and easily irritated and it's hard to find a balance between too much activity and not enough. I hope you get some lasting relief soon.
  3. Tabbycat

    TKR Seven years out, Right TKR

    Hi Julie, how are you today? I can relate to what you said about the clunking feeling in the knee, it happened in PT once, and I asked the physio if he could hear it. He could but said its no big deal. I notice you also have a Stryker Triathlon, lots of us with those seem to have clunking. I...
  4. Tabbycat

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Hi Marian, just thought I'd pop in and see how you are getting on. I'm sorry to hear about your other aches and pains, I can certainly relate to that, and I know how it can wear you down mentally. I'm having counselling now and so far it's going well. One of the most helpful things though, is...
  5. Tabbycat

    TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

    Thanks @julesm86, I really appreciate that. The TKR knee is still giving me some problems, but then so is the other one. My doc is puzzled why my inflammation markers are quite low, but rheumatoid factor is very high, it doesn't add up. I'm waiting to see if the OS wants an MRI to try to find...
  6. Tabbycat

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    Hi Kim, I've been wondering how you are. I really feel for you facing this dilemma, and having to make a very difficult decision. It would be interesting to know what your OS comes up with in terms of pain management for any surgery you have. I had similar problems after my surgery, though not...
  7. Tabbycat

    TKR Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR

    Oh no, you need better pain relief than that. Day 2 has got to be one of the worst, I hope they listen to you. Well done for not agreeing to PT. I hope things get better very soon. You had one more staple than me. I had no idea how many there would be. I was really scared to see the inscision...
  8. Tabbycat

    TKR Fractured patella/quad repair 3 years post TKR

    Congrats on your new knee, I'm glad you are having a better time of it than with the first knee. Here's to a nice smooth recovery. Tabby xxx
  9. Tabbycat

    TKR Freedom's right knee<

    Like a TKR all over again. Frankie has a good mum!
  10. Tabbycat

    TKR Late Bloomer<

    I always think that having complete confidence in your surgeon is a priority when having a joint replacement, I was lucky, you've been less so. And I can so relate to your feelings, it's easy to fall into a very negative way of thinking, and then that affects everything in your life, especially...
  11. Tabbycat

    TKR Freedom's right knee<

    Thinking about you today as Frankie has his op. Hope everything goes well and that your experience with the TKR will help you with his rehab. Tabby xxx
  12. Tabbycat

    TKR Late Bloomer<

    Hi Zzevi I'm sorry you had what must have been quite a stressful meeting with your OS today, but you did well to get your concerns across to him, and to stand your ground on the PT issue. I don't think you need any more physio now, as you said daily activity is enough, and you are right about...
  13. Tabbycat

    TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

    @mamazipp, yes all prescriptions are free in Wales but not in England. The bath lift is a battery powered chair that sits in the bath and lowers you down and back up again then you recharge the battery for the next time. I can step over the side of the bath, but no way will my knees let me sit...
  14. Tabbycat

    TKR Tabbycat's Recovery<

    @sistersinhim ive never been to a professional counsellor before, but she seems like a really nice lady and it's at the hospital where I had my TKR, which is a small private one, and feels like my second home, I usually bump into someone I know. I'm just sending a thank you card to Garry my...
  15. Tabbycat

    TKR Freedom's right knee<

    Sorry about your ongoing hip pain, that is no fun. I hope you can find some relief, or that it gradually improves in time. Great costumes by the way, you deserved to win. Your little doggies are darlings. "Willy has a meltdown"- that made me crack up!
Back
Top Bottom