Recent content by Suziep

  1. S

    TKR 5 weeks post op, knee still stiff and aching

    5 weeks post op , knee still stiff and aching
  2. S

    TKR 5 weeks post op, knee still stiff and aching

    How do I change my post title ?
  3. S

    TKR 5 weeks post op, knee still stiff and aching

    5 weeks Po , thought I was doing so well , doing all the things I used to do , even drove my car twice but woke up at 4am this morning with the operated knee really aching . Not a feeling I've had before , don't know if I twisted it in the night or slept in a strange position? Have took my...
  4. S

    TKR 5 weeks post op, knee still stiff and aching

    Thank you , I'm going to give it a try tomorrow, going stir crazy in the house. I know it's going to be difficult but I'll take my time , I'm not a fast or good driver at the best of times so can't be any worse .x
  5. S

    TKR 5 weeks post op, knee still stiff and aching

    Hi , can anyone advise what the criteria is to get back driving? I had my TLKR on August 2nd , do you have to be able to fully bend the operated knee back or is 90 degrees OK to do this ? Thanks
  6. S

    TKR Struggling to Bend

    Hi , can anyone advise the criteria required to get back driving again after TLKR ? Does you knee have to bend past 90 degrees to do this ? I'm 4 weeks and 3 days since my op ?
  7. S

    TKR Gingerbread's RTKR Recovery Marathon

    Hope better days o on their way, God bless x
  8. S

    TKR Struggling to Bend

    Hi , I'm in exactly the same position as you , I had my TLKR on August 2nd. I had my first session on Wednesday and only got to 80 degrees. My PT said that was average for this stage, so I'm not too worried, just frustrating isn't it. I did a few mild exercises yesterday and I've got up this...
  9. S

    TKR 5 weeks post op, knee still stiff and aching

    Just had 1st physio session, was told I am well infront in most aspects of my recovery, achieved 80 degrees in the knee bending which therapist said was average for 3wks. He gave me some new exercises, nothing too extreme. He said I haven't got to see him again for 2 weeks as I'm doing so...
  10. S

    TKR 5 weeks post op, knee still stiff and aching

    On day 21 , feeling okay in myself , but my leg , knee and foot still very stiff and swollen. I was really hoping and wishing the swelling would be going by now. Someday it seems to recede but then goes back to how it was. Got first session of physio on Wednesday, hoping they can help.
  11. S

    TKR Jaspa's Pre op Thread

    I was on my own when I came out of hospital the first full day , I have a partner but specifically told him I didn't want him to book time of work to look after me , I like my own company, I could please myself what I did , when to sleep , eat get dressed etc. I found it okay and managed well. I...
  12. S

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    14 days after TLKR , staples took out today
  13. S

    TKR 5 weeks post op, knee still stiff and aching

    Day 14 , still got the dead leg thing , but my practice nurse who has just taken my 30 staples out says its due to swelling hampering my movements. The staple removal was a breeze , I was so anxious about having it done but it was so much easier than I thought it would be , only 2 difficult...
  14. S

    TKR Daveboy1810 My August 11 TKR (left Knee)

    I wonder if that would help me ? I'm on day 13 after LTKR and struggling with stiffness and pains in outer thigh especially at night , still feel as if I've got dead leg. Having staples out tomorrow, hope that helps to get swelling down a bit.
  15. S

    TKR Arrangrls RKR Journey

    Definitely Skechers , I've worn them prior to my TKR and after, they're so comfy , like walking on air. Lots of different styles, I'm wearing their sandals at the moment. I must own 20 plus pairs. Good luck
Back
Top Bottom