TKR 5 weeks post op, knee still stiff and aching

5 weeks Po , thought I was doing so well , doing all the things I used to do , even drove my car twice but woke up at 4am this morning with the operated knee really aching .
Not a feeling I've had before , don't know if I twisted it in the night or slept in a strange position? Have took my medication but nothing has relived it.
Feels like a huge set back , hope it passes soon.
 
Ice and elevate and take the day easy. One step forward, 2 steps back at times. This is a roller coaster recovery. Don’t be discouraged. :SUNsmile:
 
Most of us have awakened with a new ache, not knowing why. For me, I believe it was because I move around a lot in my sleep and that I probably moved in a way that angered my knee. I would take a couple of days off of my normal routine until the knee settled down. As Sisterpat said, sometimes it is 'one step up, two steps back'. This is completely normal. Treat your knee to extra ice and elevation and it should snap back to where it was.
 
How do I change my post title ?
 
We can do that for you. What would you like for it to say?
 
5 weeks post op , knee still stiff and aching
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom