Recent content by Sullivand

  1. Sullivand

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    Dearest Copsham~ how lovely to read that you are gaining back independence and going out with friends! Hubby must be so relieved to see you up and active. Isn't it amazing the little things in life that we took for granted before all of this fell on our lives?! Your joy will be so much deeper...
  2. Sullivand

    Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

    I have been busy living life and have not taken the time to check in for a while. I thought an update was due. I saw the surgeon yesterday for my 16 week follow up. I find my progress has slowed down but every two weeks or so, I will realize that I am doing something that I couldn't do a few...
  3. Sullivand

    Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

    Dear @WarriorWoman So you are close to Atlanta! ~ I used Resurgeons Orthopedics ~ Dr Robert Yarbrough~ he consulted w Dr. Hanna also w Resurgeons and took pictures through the surgery on his phone for advice~ Yikes! No modesty left for me! Thought about using a pic for my avatar ~ haha! I used...
  4. Sullivand

    Hip Infection Post-Op Hip Infection

    Dearest @WarriorWoman ~ I see that @Cynthia777 had mentioned me and my journey and I am glad to share with you. Mine is a bit different because my bone was randomly infected and I had never had hip problems before the onset of the infection. I understand your fear and sadness and anger~ I...
  5. Sullivand

    Hip Infection Recovered from THR x 2 on both sides - now new pain

    Hello @susanlanc I just noticed that @copsham mentioned me to you and thought I would check in and send encouragement and prayers your way. I had the antibiotic spacer implant for 13 weeks and was on IV antibiotics for 8 weeks. I was under close supervision of infectious disease doctor who ran...
  6. Sullivand

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    @copsham Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You have been through the ringer dear and it's just not fair. I heard someone say once that God gives us trials so that we stay close to Him. He must have you very close and in His arms. Take care.
  7. Sullivand

    Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

    Hello Bone Smarties! I am heading towards week 15 and in full swing at school! I now have had two full weeks with my new students and we are getting along quite nicely. I am still wear a compression stocking and using a cane through the hallways and to recess~ my former students wave to me and...
  8. Sullivand

    Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

    @Cynthia777 I looked for your thread it can't find you! Are you following through with surgery in August? How was your family trip?
  9. Sullivand

    THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

    @sunbunny Yes! I am back in my classroom full time! Heaven help me! :wave:I just posted an update on my thread.
  10. Sullivand

    Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

    I am 14 weeks post op and officially started back to school on Aug 4. I must say it has been an emotional return~ so many lovely friends and co workers popping in to check on me and asking me how I am doing. I have a new cushiony desk chair on wheels and I have rolled it to meetings around the...
  11. Sullivand

    Hip Infection Surviving THR Revision

    @forestje How sweet it must be to be the little ones! I teach 4th grade which are 9 and 10 year olds. I have been at the same school for 16 years. Things are going well~ I wish you the best upon your return!
  12. Sullivand

    THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

    @sunbunny I am so glad to read that you are doing so well! Aside from overdoing it~ you are doing great! Before your hip pain I would have guessed after completing such a painting project you would have been sore anyways! Take care of yourself! I agree~ hire painters! :climb:
  13. Sullivand

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    @Granny Di Oh you poor dear! Fighting kidney stones is probably what has taken your energy. Then add a new puppy and that is a formula for exhaustion~ I am sure. Remember to rest and drink fluids! When I had a UTI a few weeks ago~ it scared me how fatigued I was thinking it was from my hip...
  14. Sullivand

    Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

    @KarriB Hello! I am so happy you spent time in your classroom and only have a little heel pain. I caught up on your thread and see that you are thinking about your next surgery. I hope the next journey will be easier! I am doing well and had a wonderful open house with many former students...
  15. Sullivand

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    @Granny Di What a darling pup! She is a great distraction from your healing hip isn't she? Enjoy! :doggie:
Back
Top Bottom