Recent content by spinfanatic

  1. S

    Revision TKR June 17

    Good luck next week!
  2. S

    Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

    Hi Lizzie. Sorry I haven't been on in awhile. My patience has worn thin for 'revision life' and have found myself a bit speechless. But I have kept up on your journey and YOU continue to amaze me! Always strong and ready for the big fight! You go girl! You can beat this. Hope this antibiotic...
  3. S

    Revision TKR Revision: Second Time Is the Charm

    @Jamie you are the wonderful voice of reason. Thank you! I think I would like to spend some time in Kansas. Years ago as a young professional I visited Kansas frequently and loved the region. I actually considered relocating but my die hard NY family wouldn't hear of it. @Jozilla thanks for...
  4. S

    Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

    You sound wonderful! Patience and confidence is what it takes. You go girl!
  5. S

    Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

    Sorry pumpkin. This has been my experience with revision knee: 5 tiny steps forward, 3 bigger steps back. But net somehow a little bit ahead. This recovery really tries ones patience!
  6. S

    Revision TKR Revision: Second Time Is the Charm

    Here's my 3 month update: Had 2nd post op with surgeon last week and he remains cautiously optimistic that the Revision is a success! He is concerned with the extent of swelling and heat above the kneecap but considers this acceptable at this stage of revision recovery. If at 6 months knee is...
  7. S

    Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

    Wow! Only three weeks till the long anticipated big day. It's been a long hard journey for you and in my heart I know it will have been worth the wait! You are finally heading to the right side of recovery. Wonderful!
  8. S

    Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

    Hi Pumpkin. Love your goals! Revisions are reserved for the strong willed. My bet is you will be doing laps in your pool and using your cane for decoration come 30 days!
  9. S

    Revision TKR Knee replacement, now revision

    Hi Silver. Just writing to say Hi to a fellow revisionist. I am 3 months post revision and like you it's been a tricky recovery. Good news for me is my knee is straight and bendy since early on. Bad news it's chronically hot and inflamed. Saw surgeon yesterday and he is not concerned just yet...
  10. S

    Revision TKR Knee replacement, now revision

    Oh Silver I am sorry for your new fresh hell. Tendinitis on the back of a revision is just not right. I hope you get some answers and a course of treatment soon!
  11. S

    Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

    Welcome back Chris to the other side. Looking forward to your updates and hope that this recovery is both easier and successful! Anne
  12. S

    Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

    Great news! Let the countdown to June 2nd begin. Your perseverance and patience is finally paying off! And a custom implant too....that is marvelous. I wonder what metals they will use. And how your sensitivity to cement will be handled. If you have the details, please share. All well here with...
  13. S

    Revision TKR Revision: Second Time Is the Charm

    Thank you all for asking for update. It's 9 weeks today and as for my recovery.....who knows!? It's wait and see for me. I have been reluctant to post as my numbers are outstanding...full extension and 150 ROM...and I don't want to seem like a bragger or complainer. The reality is that it will...
  14. S

    Revision TKR Revision: Second Time Is the Charm

    Hi @MS Char. So sorry your recovery has had its hiccups. In my experience, metal allergies will not be considered until one year anniversary and all other possibilities for pain and swelling have been considered. In terms of allergy testing, I went to a dermatologist associated with...
  15. S

    Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

    Hi Lizzie. Sorry for not responding earlier. Your situation just leaves me speechless. You have been so patient and such an advocate for yourself for so long. Very impressive! I am thinking of you and praying the pros identify the right implant for you pronto! Keep the faith my friend!
Back
Top Bottom