Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR June 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm anxious to find out what he finds when he gets inside. This will be my third summer having joints replaced. I never have a problem stopping the medications, but I do get addicted to television.:egypdance: My other knee hurts quite a bit as does my other hip.

I think I need to change the title of this thread to something else. Or do you think I should just leave it? I don't even know what I would change it to.
 
We can put something there like Revison on June . . . or we can wait until afterwards to indicate what happened. Just tag me when you want a change.
 
Hi limpy7,
Wishing you all the best for an uneventful surgery and revision on Tuesday.
I will be interested in what they find, keep us posted,:SUNsmile:
 
Hi limpt7. 3 days to go. How you feeling? I guess its mixed emotions. What is your pain level now. It might be worth doing a long post detailing exactly how your knee is then you will be able to make good comparisons.
 
@skigirl How about Revision June 17th?

@patient 99 I'm really feeling quite well. The end of the school year is VERY busy, lots of deadlines, etc. This surgery was in the back of my mind. Now school has been out for two days, and I've started getting mentally organized and picking up a few things. I did buy my own ice machine. A friend loaned me hers when I had my knee done the first time. Also, when I had my hip replaced, my mouth got so dry, and then my tongue turned red and burned. I had never had that happen. I wrote my symptoms down on the notepad of my iPhone and sent it to my husband as a text. He went to the pharmacist and showed him the text, and he recommended Biotene Oral Balance Dry Mouth Moisturizing Gel. It was exceptionally fabulous! I'm picking up a tube today and some Tic Tacs. I don't think mentioned that we are celebrating our 40th anniversary on the day of my surgery. Crazy!
 
Hi @limpy7
I've been off the board for awhile but while glancing at it, I noticed that you were having your revision surgery in a couple of days. My surgery was fine the first time, so far so good.

Is this at a new hospital too or are you staying with the one before and just changing OS? Just take some post op time to relax and dewind after such a busy year; and enjoy that 40 years of marriage.

Do want to wish you the very best and that you have a very uneventful recovery!:thumb:
 
@limpy7 ,

I have a revision, and @RunA42K, and I will be fast stepping our way to the finish line in a half marathon January 18th! It took 12 months and a personal trainer to get me to believe in my knee again. I have come a long ways, and you can too!:loveshwr::happydance: It has been 2 years since the revision, but at 12 months, I started Zumba, Boot Camp, and just kept building!

I wish you much success on your revision, and I will be praying for you!:angel:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And you know the mantra; lots of rest, ice and elevation! :heehee::snork:
 
I think we are pretty well set up now. When I had my last TKR we were remodeling our master suite. What a bunch of goofs. I can't believe we planned that. This time though, I'm going to be able to stay in our bedroom. We put the recliner in there and that's where the smart TV is. I am now officially really nervous. I have lots of errands to do tomorrow, so that will keep me busy for awhile.
 
I am now officially really nervous.

It would be odd if that were not the case. The one positive thing is that you are no novice. You know what to do to give yourself the very best outcome. My warmest thoughts go out to you. Carol
 
Best wishes for a smooth and successful procedure.
 
I did change the tab on your thread! If you want different title, just shout! Good luck for tomorrow.
 
Thank you Josephine. It is perfect!

I'm very nervous and this is why:

1. The femoral nerve block. I just don't like it, but they gave me something in my IV to calm me down last time.
2. Both times I had a spinal it was hard because I have osteoarthritis in my back, and they keep hitting bone.
3. When I had my knee done the first time the hospital experience was so bad, that I changed doctors when I had my hip done so that I could go to a different hospital. That experience (last summer) was excellent. But when the visiting nurse came she asked me how it was, and I told her it was fabulous. She told me that they had just gotten a patient that was at the same hospital I was at, at the same time, and he said it was awful. So I keep thinking it could be as bad as it was when I had my knee done the first time at the crummy hospital.

I just read what I wrote, and if you can follow it you deserve an award!
 
Thinking of you today, I hope you can have the best, least stressful time possible xx

Shortie x
 
Thinking of you today, good luck for a successful outcome.
 
Good luck today. Looking forward to your recovery threads.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom