Recent content by SoCalMom

  1. SoCalMom

    Close to surgery, nervous and anxious

    Mike, I think you may be pleasantly surprised how quickly you can get back on the stationary bike. You will need to do your initial recovery and at home exercises for a few weeks before they release you to any other exercise besides walking. But my at home PT told me one of the first things I...
  2. SoCalMom

    Lara Spencer

    If you can take a look at Laura's scar, it is almost invisible. Ok well she also has a fabulous figure. But scar is so faint, it gives me hope. I believe she had anterior method, although her scar is horizontal and mine is vertical.
  3. SoCalMom

    THR Layla's Recovery

    I am about a month ahead of you-LHR on 5/30/17. Today I am paying the price for walking too far yesterday. Stiff and sore left leg. My husband and I ventured out for what used to be a routine walk down to the beach from our house. I got really tired on the way back (uphill) and had to lay...
  4. SoCalMom

    THR On the Mend

    Pumpkin, yes St. Augustine is accredited. But there are several excellent PT schools here in Southern California. USC has a preeminent program, Chapman has a good program. as well as Long Beach State. I did get my two cents worth in by telling him about my daughter who got a "real" PHD from...
  5. SoCalMom

    THR On the Mend

    Physical Therapy Posted 3 minutes ago I have made it past my first six weeks my surgeon has released me. I asked him if he could give me an RX for more physical therapy( hey might as well use all of my 24 visits that my insurance covers-my deductible is paid). He was a little reluctant and sent...
  6. SoCalMom

    THR So it begins...

    Lola, I wished I lived near you. We could plan a lunch and have a pity party together. It sounds like you have lots of help from your family. I suggest calling them to see if they would go out for lunch. I found if I had at least one thing to look forward to each day that helped me. Oh and wine!
  7. SoCalMom

    THR June 20th left THR recovery

    Lerwick8, the funny thing was I had to send my husband to the store to pick up a couple of items. My sister was in a complete panick that I had sent him to buy a new dress for me. Not a chance, first he is completely color-blind so God only knows what he would come home with, on top of ZERO...
  8. SoCalMom

    THR So it begins...

    Oh Lola don't give up hope. You will get a little better every day. Yippee for one more week of Wimbledon. And there are tons of shows to binge watch on Netflix. Hopefully you can get outside and walk a bit soon. I actually laid out in the sun today-with scar covered-. I am hoping to get...
  9. SoCalMom

    THR June 20th left THR recovery

    @Lerwick8 I think your goal of attending an event at six weeks after surgery is really attainable. I am almost six weeks after surgery and I feel pretty good. Most days I have a lot of energy. We attended a wedding at 11 days after surgery. At first I was going to cancel, but I improved...
  10. SoCalMom

    THR Surgery done, doing well at home

    Hi, I am one week ahead of you in recovery. My surgery was on 5/30. Do you have access to a gym? In that heat you might want to walk indoors on a treadmill. It's great to work on your gait. I walked 2.7 miles at week 4.5, but was really sore the next day. Everyone on the forum told me I...
  11. SoCalMom

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Layla, it is so interesting to see how other surgeons in other parts of the US have you go through recovery. I'm wondering what the "cuffs" were on your legs. Also some have mentioned wearing compression stockings all day. Neither of these were prescribed to me, so I am wondering what they are...
  12. SoCalMom

    THR So it begins...

    You must be thrilled to have a shower. About the crying-totally normal, I believe the pain meds can make you emotional, and really tired. I did not go upstairs for two weeks, My husband moved a bed downstairs into our study and I had my own little Hospital area set up. It was actually really...
  13. SoCalMom

    THR On the Mend

    Josephine, my surgery was on May 30th. I live in Southern California, hence my nickname. I have very few restrictions from my doctor. I was driving on day 13, no restriction on that, my left leg was the operated side. But I will take your pre-cautions in mind. I plan to take it easy today...
  14. SoCalMom

    THR On the Mend

    Yeah, reached a milestone today. I walked w/o cane for 2.6 miles to the San Clemente pier and back. Well we stopped for coffee, but hey I made it without limping. I am 4.5 weeks out of LTHR. Two months ago this would have been impossible.
  15. SoCalMom

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Lerwick8, thanks for your thoughts. Yesterday went remarkably well, the hired caregiver was right there when I went to pick up my Dad. He was really helpful. My Dad was having a good day and didn't get too upset about the imaging that needed to be done. He has wandered outside and fallen...
Back
Top Bottom