THR So it begins...

Glad you made it through @313Lola I Will be reading up on your recovery, as I do with everybody nervously awaiting my bilateral in one week, good wishes for you sending positive energy


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good for you JennyHipcakes... Understanding there is really tough stuff at first but all temporary is going to put you in the mindset to heal in a healthy way.
Can't wait to see how you feel a month from now. Proud you are on your way!!!
 
Hurray for you and for both of us, @313Lola We did it! Never exactly as planned, I guess, but the joint is shiny and new in there, so should function without pain once all the little side dishes are complete! Like incision pain, constipation, tapering down off narcotics, etc. I hope to go home today, but still not sure.

So glad to hear from you @JennyHipcakes. I got home 6pm... 1:20 ride in Philly rush hour traffic was not fun... But worth getting home. Took a nap then had a bite to eat. Relaxing and dozing in my recliner. Long road and slow going, but we will get through it. Hope you get home soon.
 
gaulsuerue... Best of luck. Not many of us bilaterals. First weeks seriously hard, but proud to tell you at only 2 months I am getting so good and so happy to be out of that hip pain. Will be looking out for you!
 
Day 3 was busy... Probably overdid it.

Visiting nurse came, followed by PT, both good visits but would have been better over two days.

My mother in law and sister also visited... Nice time with family, but it meant more time up in a chair, less laying down, and much less sleeping.

I could feel it in my leg when i walked to bed. I hoped to head upstairs tomorrow for a shower but that may have you wait one more day. Will see how the leg feels in the morning.

Feeling stronger overall, pain has been managed well. Eating better. Sleeping so-so at night...

Thanks for the positive vibes and encouraging messages. It is a huge boost.

Eyes are droopy... Time to sign off.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Welcome to the other side @313Lola . Try and have fun with it. I tried to embrace the challenges so I didn't feel like, 'poor me.'
We are here for you. You are in the club.
 
@dougie0216 thanks for the reminder...

Doing each new thing independently does give me a big sense of satisfaction. Everyone is still sleeping, but i have made a trip to the bathroom and taken a med for my head ache... I thought it was triggered by my pain med, but since i haven't taken that, i am not sure what's causing the recurring migraine-like pain. I cruised around the kitchen and used my grabber to get settled in my granny chair... Ice would be nice, gonna need to figure out how i can get that on my own... But still, managed some great transitions independently this morning.

Looking for and relishing those small victories...

@cpollock sleep is still an issue, but it seems that's common... Hanging in, thanks for the good wishes.

@gaulsuerou sending positive vibes for your bilateral.... It's tough but amazing what surgery will do for you. Take care... Positive vibes your way.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@313Lola what a great accomplishment this morning, you are so thoughtful to let the house sleep. Just don't do without if you need something. I switch out gel ice packs in the fridge freezer so I can get those myself. I also had a headache off and on afterwards but not migraine material thankfully. Hope you have a great day. Cher6

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Oops.... Looks like I gave myself a new name. Hehe Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Lola, you be careful wandering around by yourself! I did very well and hated especially waking up my partner at night especially to go to bathroom but about day five I slipped out to go to bathroom down the hall got a really weird dizzy spell... pain meds, something?
Thank goodness my walker and the wall gave me a brace, and I called for some help but it is not worth a fall right now so soon. Things are trying to get affixed in there. Don't take chances... Sure your family would agree.:loveshwr:
 
Also I had the headache thing going on for the first week or so... Maybe anesthesia after effects?
 
@Mojo333 good advice. I won't take chances. It's a short distance and a light is kept on over night. Definitely don't want a fall!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Small warning... Of course all of our stories are different... But many similar. I was so encouraged when I could start getting around and doing. Looking back... Called days 3-6 honeymoon days. Yeah, pain and all the icing and sleep issues but so happy it was over and good.
Week 2 alot of things seemed to back to life... Pain, mobility issues, post op depression. And I had begun to do too much. I thought I was going backwards.
Not to discourage you, apparently not uncommon. All the old timers on here say up and down journey.
Just wish I would've known so I wouldn't have worried so much.
Keep your helpers and back up close. They can be needed at times after you think you have been doing well.
You will do great because you have a great attitude. Plus the cutest Avatar ever!!!!
 
July 1... Potty update

It is with great joy we announce that all functions have been restored. Repeat, all systems are go!

You may now return to your regularly scheduled broadcasting. [emoji4][emoji122][emoji372]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Functions are good! It sounds like you are getting up and around. I always felt like I was breaking the rules to walk around, but that is the object, right? I won't lie, I enjoyed getting out of bed or off the couch for a few minutes of freedom.
 
Day 5.... Showered at last!

It was a drawn out process, but i feel so much better after taking a shower. Two hours... Start to finish. Here's what we did (hubby hovered the whole time, he is awesome) ...

Walked up 15 steps. Rested.

Took shower. PT advised standing in shower... Ours is pretty tight quarters. It went well. I have a cheap cane which we dedicated to shower use.... Overall it went well.

Rested again. Blowed dry hair, brushed teeth, put on a bit of make up... Dressed with help.

Dagnabit those TED stockings are a pain in the tushie!!!! Rested again.

Navigated the 15 steps down, walked to my granny chair, applied fresh ice pack... Happily relaxing again.

Since its only the first week, i asked for help... A lot... But i will work on gaining more independence down the road.

I do have times when i cry for no reason... Guess that's the post op blues kicking in, but overall i am seeing progress.

The only other activity planned for the day will be some time in a regular chair for meals. Trying to pace my activity.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You must be thrilled to have a shower. About the crying-totally normal, I believe the pain meds can make you emotional, and really tired. I did not go upstairs for two weeks, My husband moved a bed downstairs into our study and I had my own little Hospital area set up. It was actually really cozy and when I wanted to take a nap I didn't have to go upstairs.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom